iMiniB3D -- How to build v0.2 to a real device.

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/iMiniB3D -- How to build v0.2 to a real device.

Sledge(Posted 2009) [#1]
Because of code-signing this process isn't as straightforward as would be ideal, so here are the steps you have to go through to get iMiniB3D projects running on a Touch device:

* Set the active build configuration to Device 2.2 | Release

* Project >> Edit Project Settings

* In the Project Info pane, change the configuration drop-tab (top left) to 'Release'.

* Still in the Project Info pane, look in the 'Code Signing' section and change the developer ident from Si's to your own and check that it says 'Device - iPhone OS 2.2' to the left of this.

* Close the Project Info pane

* Project >> Set Active Target >> iminib3d

* Build >> Clean All Targets

* Build >> Build (Not 'Build and Go')

* Project >> Set Active Target >> zombie

* Project >> Set Active Executable >> zombie

* Build >> Build and Go

From this point you just change your active target and executable for each project you want to build. You can probably configure it for debug, too, but I found that attempting to use iPhone OS 2.2.1 was a no-go because I ran into code-signing problems again (2.2.1 comes up as the project setting for me, but it is 2.2 that is set in the Project Info pane so I wonder if this is something to do with the version of the SDK Simon was using at the time.) If anyone can further unmuddy the waters I'm all ears.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2009) [#2]
Edit:
yep I ran into some of these problems too, but I think we're best off staying with 2.0 to be more compatible anyhow.

simonh(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks Sledge. You shouldn't need to do all the cleaning stuff though, as iminib3d is distributed without any build files.

Anyway, here's what I've added to the iminib3d docs:

Building an App on Your Own Device
----------------------------------

By default iMiniB3D is set up to build apps on my own device. To build apps on your own device, assuming your device is correctly set up with a provisioning profile, follow these steps:

Stage 1. Editing the Project Settings for Future Apps (new apps will inherit these settings)
1. Right-click the 'iminib3d' project icon in the 'Groups and Files' tree menu and select 'Get Info' from the pop-up menu.
2. Click the 'Build' tab and make sure 'All Configurations' is selected from the top-left drop-down menu.
3. Scroll down to the 'Code Signing' section, then for the 'Code Signing Identity' setting, change the left-hand side setting to 'Any iPhone OS Device' and the right-hand side value to your developer identity.

Stage 2. Editing Existing App Settings (existing iminib3d apps must be changed individually)
1. Right-click the individual target icon in the tree menu and select 'Get Info'.
2. Follow step 2 above.
3. Follow step 3 above.

JaviCervera(Posted 2009) [#4]
Does this mean that iMiniB3D has been released? Couldn't find it anywhere

ubergeek(Posted 2009) [#5]
No, there's a very small group of beta testers that are using it. Hopefully it will be fully released soon, but you'll have to talk to Simon about that.