SpriteCandy and ParticleCandy

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/SpriteCandy and ParticleCandy

Xaron(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi all,

I haven't looked at the code yet but is there the possibility to make the SpriteCandy and ParticleCandy run on miniB3D? As the commands are the same it should be possible to port this stuff with manageable effort? Has anyone tried it yet or are there similar solutions which are useable?

Thanks and best regards - Xaron

klepto2(Posted 2009) [#2]
I don't own B3D and so i don't own the *Candy libs. But from what i've read SpriteCandy is not really needed as everything can be done through max2d eg: Highgui etc. .
Particlecandy is another part. Without knowing internals of the source i can't directly tell if it is possible, but a simple particle system isn't that difficult to create.

Take a look at the extended Version on www.minib3d.com there is a Particle engine included and also a 3D sound module.

Xaron(Posted 2009) [#3]
Danke klepto! :)

How far is the new extended version (the old one was stopped)?

klepto2(Posted 2009) [#4]
Due to my new Job I don't have that much time but i'm still working on it.
I'm currently glueing all together to get at least a working version out which will be extended step by step.
Release will be via SVN and at first some promised features will not be integrated, but i will add them.
Before you ask: Unfortunalty I don't know when i will release it but i hope it will not take that much time any longer.