Saving captured screen...

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Saving captured screen...

LT(Posted 2009) [#1]
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm wondering how to save a pixmap of a texture that has been grabbed from the backbuffer using the BackBufferToTex() function. I must be missing some critical piece of info, because my SavePixmapJpeg attempts have resulted in a blank image getting saved... :(

Any ideas?

klepto2(Posted 2009) [#2]
Yes, some very critical info ;)

BackbufferToTex saves the backbuffer to a texture, not an image.
To save a screenshot you can use GrabPixmap and save the pixmap created with that function instead of the using a blank pixmap.
Also try to avoid to save with Alphachannel because this may break the result slightly.

LT(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ahhh. There is a pixmap property for every texture, so I was confused as to why that wasn't getting filled in. I looked at the source for the BackBufferToTex function and realized there was no reason for the pixmap data to be filled in, but I didn't know how to go about accessing it for a screen save function and I didn't know about the GrabPixmap command.

Thanks, I will try that! :)

...one more question. I have found that my Print Screen key is captured by another process - does anyone know of a way around this?