No more MiniB3D updates?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/No more MiniB3D updates?

Sanctus(Posted 2008) [#1]
I've noticed that the last updates quite a few months old now.
I haven't used it because it's not powerfull enough for my tastes. Leadwerks is what I need but then again that one needs a really good computer to run (Most of my clients don't have that).

simonh(Posted 2008) [#2]
Yes there will be further updates - only ones that will improve stability and performance though.

Feature-wise, I consider MiniB3D to be pretty much complete. It does what it says on the tin.

plash(Posted 2008) [#3]
It's quite disappointing, klepto seems to have stopped working on the extended version :(

klepto2(Posted 2008) [#4]
The good news:
No, I haven't stopped.

The bad news:
I'm don't have that much time anymore to work on it. New Job you know.

Back to the good news: Here is a link to my worklog:

http://www.blitzforum.de/worklogs/27/

even if its in german, there are some screenies which show some progress. Also I'm aiming this weekend (sunday) for a release of my current version. Due the lack of time it will not have as much features and finished things i want to have in, but I think it is still good enough ;)

Spacechimp(Posted 2008) [#5]
You could always chip in and help it along Plash.

Canardian(Posted 2008) [#6]
So, MiniB3Dext2 conversion to C++ would be basically the same as Max3D. With the bonus that you get full source code of course.

plash(Posted 2008) [#7]
Good to hear klepto! And I see some really interesting shots :)

You could always chip in and help it along Plash.
If only I *knew* how all that works..

matty47(Posted 2008) [#8]
Klepto , Klepto 'twas cruel of you,
To raise my hopes of library new,
And Sunday's gone without a clue,
Regarding software you prepare,
While I just wait in sheer despair....

Hope you release it soon
Matthew

klepto2(Posted 2008) [#9]
Yeah, I'm sorry for the delay, But I have found some minor bugs i want to eliminate before release and also my new job is very time consuming. So it will take more time to finish everything.

*(Posted 2008) [#10]
Can we incbin models and textures yet?

simonh(Posted 2008) [#11]
Not with the standard version no.

klepto2(Posted 2008) [#12]
with the new extended Version it will be possible. You can use incbin or whatever filesystem which gives you a handle to a stream (eg KLPacker).
to enable this i have added a few things to the texture management, so you can preload textures from a incbin or stream source and the loader looks automatically if the texture is already in this "library" and gets the data from there.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2008) [#13]
Is it possible to "reload" pixmaps into textures in the extended Version? Currently I am using the standard version and have had to write my own functions for reloading pixmaps.

klepto2(Posted 2008) [#14]
yes, this will be possible, as well as direct link textures to images, so you can use Max2D commands to draw textures.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2008) [#15]
sounds excellent. eagerly waiting for a release.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#16]
While waiting for the release, could you tell a bit more about using Max2D commands to draw textures? Do you mean simply grabbing an area from backbuffer and then using it as a texture, or rather defining a texture as the drawing target buffer for Max2D commands? If the latter, it would be super extra mega cool. :)

DreamLoader(Posted 2009) [#17]
so,klepto2,as the max3d is now on googlecode,
but,please,don't let it make your progress down, i prefer minib3d than
max3d because max3d is uncompleted!

btw:an old question:when we will see the new nice minib3d ext???

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#18]
Klepto,

If you per any chance happen to read this, could simply type in "yes" or "no", wether you mean that you have code that lets one use Max2D commands to draw directly into a texture?

I would appreciate it :)

klepto2(Posted 2009) [#19]
Yes ;)

It works like this:
Local T:TTexture = CreateTexture(512,512)
Local TB:TTextureBufferr = TTextureBuffer.Create(T)

'Mainloop

SetBuffer(TB)
Draw3D
Draw2D
UnSetBuffer()

And yes, I'm still working on the new extended version. Unfortunatly i don't have that much time and I was trying to checkout how max3d is built up for maybe finding some nice additions or ideas. I'm currently glueing all together, which will also take some time. But i'm thinking it will be not that long to wait anymore.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#20]
Thank you for the response!

Take your time, no hurry. :)

JetFireDX(Posted 2009) [#21]
Any news Klepto? Checked out your worklog and though I can't read German, doesn't look like there has been an update in a while.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2009) [#22]
Thanks for the work on minib3d and sharing it si. You didn't have to share, and maybe ppl should realise this and be happy ;)

Warner(Posted 2009) [#23]
I am really happy, btw. MiniB3D was for me the reason to buy BlitzMax.
Thanks you, Si.

outsider(Posted 2009) [#24]
MiniB3D was for me the reason to buy BlitzMax.

Yep, for me too :) It's like a successor of Blitz3D , I love it because it's multiplatform and public domain. Thanks for minib3d :)

Hezkore(Posted 2009) [#25]
Yeah MiniB3D was certainly one of the reasons I got BlitzMax.
Cheers Si! _o/

JetFireDX(Posted 2009) [#26]
If I somehow came of sounding ungrateful for all the work that Si, Klepto, and anybody else have put into MiniB3D that was not my intention.

MiniB3D made BlitzMax in my opinion. I've just had more time to work on my project with it lately and in a moment of excitement after fixing the compaibility issues with the latest BlitzMax I was asking a simple question.

I really do appreciate having access to something like MiniB3D. It opens roads of creativity to me that would otherwise be blocked. Thank you all.

*(Posted 2009) [#27]

MiniB3D made BlitzMax in my opinion

I think it didnt make BlitzMax but made it much more complete, I still stand by what I said and Si and Mark should push Minib3d as far as it can go.

Ferret(Posted 2009) [#28]
I love MiniB3d, its so easy if you know Blitz3d.
And the extended version gives me new and shiny things to play with :)

The only thing that i mis is a bsp loader, and i'm not smart enough to write mi own.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#29]
Is the extended version still being developed? any repository to contribute?