B3DExtensions

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/B3DExtensions

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2008) [#1]
Nevermind ...

MikeHart(Posted 2008) [#2]
Hi Jeremy,

I'm in the process of porting the extensions. Do you allready have them done or why did you post?

Michael

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2008) [#3]
I thought I had them working when I posted this but they are definitely still out of whack somehow. I see to be experiencing the same issue perhaps with countchildren. Currently for objects with just a root and a mesh child I'm seeing just a box. I can color the boxes and if I scale then I get more space between them but they don't actually scale themselves.

MikeHart(Posted 2008) [#4]
Hi Jeremy,

I send you an email. Hope it helps.

Michael

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2008) [#5]
Mike, I really appreciate that. I'm still not seeing my meshes unfortunately. I can see my skybox and my character but other scenery remains a mystery. I'm sure the issue will turn up soon.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2008) [#6]
It's strange, I can see my player, my sky, and some boxes which appear to represent nodes in my .b3d files. I don't see my particles most of the time save for just a few or anything else. Yet, while I was porting another build of the game I did see the particles. This is very strange.

MikeHart(Posted 2008) [#7]
Mmmh, there are some more bugs in MiniB3d about return values from functions. Like the EntityGetBrush function, it simply misses the RETURN command so always returns nothing. There are more bugs like this and when I think a have found them all I will send you my functions.bmx file.

It also could be that B3DExtensions don't handle the structure of the model file you exported from B3DTools right.

I'm at the point there I can display the sample scene from B3DExtensions right, only the animation of the colors and the shininess doesn't work atm.

simonh(Posted 2008) [#8]
Mike - please let me know of any bugs you find, and I'll make sure they get fixed for the next version.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2008) [#9]
Thanks Simon, I'll be making some reports as soon as I'm sure they aren't problems on my end.

MikeHart(Posted 2008) [#10]
Hi Simon, how do you want me to report them? Via Email?

simonh(Posted 2008) [#11]
Yes, email or a thread on here.