EntityOrder and animated mesh

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/EntityOrder and animated mesh

oware(Posted 2008) [#1]
hi@all (especially simonh :) ),

i have a problem loading an animated mesh into minib3d. when i want to change its entityorder, nothing happens.. and also, if the animmesh is too close to the camera, the complete child that is too close is being hidden automatically, i have no chance to fix this by camerarange. my gfx card is an ati x1600pro, so i don't think this is caused by hardware.

thanks for help,

oware

ps: if i do not load the mesh via "loadAnimMesh" but via "LoadMesh", EntityOrder works! and sry for mistakes in this text i am from germany :D

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#2]
Your second problem may be fixed by using the MeshCullRadius command. (or it may not!).

oware(Posted 2008) [#3]
ok thx - but isn't there anyone who can help me with the entityorder problem?? pls i really need this for my project..

oware(Posted 2008) [#4]
now i solved the problem. i have a mesh that has children who have children etc... entityorder sets the order only for the mesh that is given as a parameter, not it's children... would be great if simonh could fix this, i've written a simple recursive ordering now and it works :) for those who had the same problem ->

Function AnimatedEntityOrder(mesh:TEntity,order:int)
For Local c:Int = 1 To CountChildren(mesh)
Local child:TEntity = mesh.GetChild(c)
Self.OrderChilds(child,order)
child.EntityOrder(order)
Next
End Function