Super Gerball - Mac

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Super Gerball - Mac

simonh(Posted 2008) [#1]
Super Gerball is now available for Mac!

The demo can be downloaded here:

http://www.supergerball.com/download/download-mac

This is why I started MiniB3D two years ago, after starting Super Gerball six years ago. Can't believe I've spent that long on one game to be honest (off and on), but I've enjoyed working on it.

The end result compares very favourably to the Blitz3D version - the two are very similar as you can see if you download and compare the Windows and Mac demos.

And if you wish to show your support for MiniB3D (which I plan to continue working on), then may I ask that you buy the full game - it's a cheap price, I get some beer money and you get a fun little game as part of the deal too. Can't say fairer than that.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
Have you compiled a PC version with Blitzmax/miniB3D?

How's it compare to the old BB3D version?

simonh(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yes, they're the same really - very hard to tell them apart. Of course I've chosen to keep the Blitz3D versions on the site for now due to them using DX7.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#4]
Ah right. Its just some people (maybe one or two) have told me that MiniB3D is slower than Blitz3D. Guess it can't be that much of a difference.

simonh(Posted 2008) [#5]
Well, collision/picking wise, they're the same, as they use the same code. Rendering wise I'd say they're very close - although of course Super Gerball isn't the best stress test when it comes to that.

*(Posted 2008) [#6]
class

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#7]
nice game

GA(Posted 2008) [#8]
Cool little game :)
Hopefully the mac version will be a success for you and worth the considerable effort you have put in.

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#9]
Was it hard to port over from b3d to bmx+minib3d? The engines functions are almost the same, but what about the types .. ect?

simonh(Posted 2008) [#10]
No it wasn't hard, I used the .bb->.bmx tool in the IDE, which converts 99% of things just fine.

El Gigante de Yeso(Posted 2008) [#11]
Great work converting to MiniB3D, I played the B3D version and it was quite cool :D

Anyway, I have a question. Wich approach did you take for making the loop physics? I'm interested, since I made a Sonic the Hedgehog styled system using collision normals and align to vector, but the method is missing in MiniB3D's commandset.

simonh(Posted 2008) [#12]
There's nothing special about the loop, it's just another 3D object that the ball collides with.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#13]
Sorry to rake up an old thread but would it be possible to make a demo download of the Windows version running under BMax as I am really keen to see how it compares to the B3D version (Which I love BTW:)

Jason.