Error

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Error

Ked(Posted 2008) [#1]
I keep getting this error and I do not know why. All I am doing is trying to compile the firepaint example.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Oooh. Your version of BlitzMax is not the same as the version of a static library you are trying to build against.

A Rebuild All Modules should sort it out, along with a non-Quick build of the App (possibly).

Ked(Posted 2008) [#3]
I rebuilt all modules and I still get the same error.

Jazz(Posted 2008) [#4]
I'm getting the same error. I tried synchronise modules, and have built and rebuilt all modules several times to see if it would fix the issue - but it hasn't. I have also tried compiling the example MiniB3D programs with various options turned on and off, but that hasn't worked either.

I'm using MiniB3D v0.452 which I downloaded today from the sticky post at the top of the MiniB3D forum.

plash(Posted 2008) [#5]
Try getting a newer version of libstdc++ or upgrade mingw?

Ked(Posted 2008) [#6]
I figured out that the problem is the c++ files. Read the readme.txt to know how to take out all of the c++ files.

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#7]
i was having similar problems until I updated MingW to 5.1.3 I was CONVINCED that I had the latest version until i re-downloaded it again recently

simonh(Posted 2008) [#8]
In the next version the C++ files will not be optional, so try and get them working if you can!

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#9]
definetly check out MingW even if you think you have the latest version

Ked(Posted 2008) [#10]
definetly check out MingW even if you think you have the latest version

I did and I still get the same error.

plash(Posted 2008) [#11]
In the next version the C++ files will not be optional

The anticipation grows!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#12]
I did and I still get the same error.

The error is specifically due to a difference between the linker used to build the module, and the one you are using to compile the application.

Things that can cause this :

* Versions of BlitzMax prior to 1.28, sync'd. Sometimes running the 1.28 Updater twice can help to get everything installed properly (remembering to run syncmods afterwards).
* An updated installation of MinGW - like over the top of a previous version. You need a fresh install of 5.1.3.

HTH