Vista Issue

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Vista Issue

siread(Posted 2008) [#1]
I've noticed that I get severe slowdown/jerkiness when running miniB3D in Vista. I thought it was a driver issue as it went away when I upgraded my drivers a few months back, but after a Windows update recently the problem returned. I tried several other driver versions for my GeForce 8600M GT but none fixed it this time. However, I noticed that if I select "Disable Desktop Composition" in my exe Properties > Compatibility Tab the problem goes away completely.

Anyone else experienced this? More to the point, is there a way I can disable desktop composition from the program rather than having users set it themselves?

simonh(Posted 2008) [#2]
No problems here under Vista (MacBook, Intel gfx). Sounds like it could be some sort of OpenGL issue.

Digital Anime(Posted 2008) [#3]
No Problems overhere in Vista.

Using Vista Ultimate 32bit with SP1 on an AMD64 3200+ with an ATI x1650 512MB AGP.

One tip is to remove all graphics drivers and install the latest version from Nvidia.
If that doesn't help try downloading DirectX 10 and install that, it helped solving a few problems overhere.

Also if you have some code which can reproduce your issue, maybe you should post it maybe together so others can compare their experiences under Vista with you