TexBuffer

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/TexBuffer

FBEpyon(Posted 2008) [#1]
I was looking at the texture buffer and I really don't like it. It doesn't function as well as the one from B3D and I was wondering if there was a way to make the texture system function with pixmap that are edited and then place them back into the mesh as a new texture.

I'm trying to use this as a way to make marks in my terrain editor to show the current location of the editing tool on the mesh by using the brushes I setup in the editor for my terrain.

If there is any other options out there would someone let me know or if they have another idea for showing the current location of the mouse for the terrain brushes.

klepto2(Posted 2008) [#2]
Well, doing it with Pixmaps would be slow as hell because you have to Upload the data each frame. The problem is that in standard OpenGL doesn't exist something like a Texturebuffer.

The solution would be to use extensions like I do in my extended Version. There are 2 choices, 1. FBOs and 2. pBuffer .

FBOs are easy to use but not much supported by low end Gfx cards. pBuffer are a lot more difficult to handle and I haven't tried it yet but I've got FBOs working so far. A small example for Max2D is in the codearchives (http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=2222)
I have it also for miniB3D but I don't have access to my code from where I'm currently be so I will post it later.

FBEpyon(Posted 2008) [#3]
okay thanks.. let me know

I really don't use the extended edition, but I will try it later..