Anti-alias

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Anti-alias

siread(Posted 2008) [#1]
Does it work? Are people using it? I tried it 800x600 fullscreen and it whites out the display - except for some small portals where the 3D is still visible and my Max2D stuff. In those portals I can see AA is working. Could the problem be something to do with the Max2D commands?

ckob(Posted 2008) [#2]
works here antialias(16)

siread(Posted 2008) [#3]
What's the parameter for?

siread(Posted 2008) [#4]
This is what happens to my game. Just a small section of the 3d in the top left is visible.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hmm, either
1) you are using Intel gfx Chipset
2) you have run out of VRAM
3) both of the above?

I think there's currently an open Bug about the Intel problem.

siread(Posted 2008) [#6]
I'm using a MacBook Pro with a GeForce 8600M GT. Admittedly I'm running Vista through bootcamp but I'm not having any issues with other games (BioShock, FIFA, HL2).

It's interesting that the section where the 3d is visible in the screenshot is actually a canvas that is attached to an invisible panel with the blitzmax and minib3d logo on it (frygui).

simonh(Posted 2008) [#7]
My guess is that it's likely to be the Max2D stuff that's interfering somehow. Does the antialias.bmx example that's included with MiniB3D work OK?

siread(Posted 2008) [#8]
Yeah, i've tried removing the Begin and EndMax2D commands and I can see the AA no problem (although I am getting some weird lighting on my model even without AA). Maybe if I create a canvas for the whole screen...

siread(Posted 2008) [#9]
Ah, if I do SetViewPort(0,0,screenW, screenH) just after the EndMax2D command everything is peachy. :D