Textured sphere

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Textured sphere

siread(Posted 2007) [#1]
I posted this in the Blitz3D forum before I realised it was a mini3D issue. Basically when using a texture on a sphere I can see the seam where the two edges of the texture meet. It only occurs when there is lighting on the sphere. Is there any way to remedy this?

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#2]
I don't see a texture problem there.
This looks more like a normal problem on the sphere, as if the normal on the vertices at that edge is not smoothed.

ima747(Posted 2007) [#3]
I'm going to agree with deamora that it looks like a normals issue. It seems like the normals don't properly reconnect at the end with the beginning so you get a cut off at the star/end point. Have you tried updating normals on the sphere afer it's created? (I have no idea if this might help but it's 1 line of code so worth a shot) or you could try creating a sphere in another program instead of using the createsphere() function (assuming that's what you're doing now) as it seems that a lot of the basic geometry create functions don't produce very clean models in my experience. More for testing than actual use. You could also texture the sphere in another program as well and see if that helps smooth the transion from end to begining again.

siread(Posted 2007) [#4]
Update Normals did it. Thanks. :D