Anyone getting vista problems?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Anyone getting vista problems?

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#1]
Ive got a prog i can compile on both linux and XP. Vista however stops responding. Ive tried both windowed and FS

siread(Posted 2007) [#2]
Only problems I had were when I upgraded my gfx drivers, but then I'm using Vista on a Mac. Pulled them back a version and it was ok again.

Is the debugger not telling you anything?

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#3]
nope, debug strip is blank (with debg on :)

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#4]
If you are using an Intel onboard or ATI you might just have to wait until they feel more like "deliverying" OpenGL capable drivers. (if you are on GMA900 you are just doomed, you won't get WDDM drivers as they can not do them due to missing hardware capabilities and therefor they will never have OpenGL support)

siread(Posted 2007) [#5]
Are you on a laptop, using Nvidia? You can update your drivers here:
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#6]
If you are using an Intel onboard or ATI you might just have to wait until they feel more like "deliverying" OpenGL capable drivers
OpenGL works fine in linux (like directX good) with the proprietry drivers. Its an ATI X2300HD. You mean to tell me the windows drivers dont even include OGL support!?!
Thats really crap that is.

Yet another round of the usual:
Nvidia(1)
Ati (Nil)
Intel (-1) - penalty for even trying to make graphics hardware :/

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#7]
No, Vista has no OpenGL drivers anymore.
Its up to the hardware makers to add them and the problem is that GMA 900 and earlier can not get a WDDM due to missing hardware features. Which simply means -> No opengl unless you use Mesa or a similar solution!

Funny enough this shit card is mentioned as Vista Capable!!