worklog update

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/worklog update

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#1]
nice to hear of the new features and the animation speed-up.

Just wondered why you had to write some of it in C++, is it that much faster?

-=TinBlue=-(Posted 2007) [#2]
The update is good news, Considering the lack of posts around here latley I was starting to think this project was dead!

But thanks for all your hard work Simon. Can I just ask you if AlignToVector (with rate parameter) will be in the new version?

impixi(Posted 2007) [#3]
Cool. I'm still waiting for a decent BlitzMax 3d solution for the OS X platform. MiniB3d with improved performance would fit the bill nicely.

deps(Posted 2007) [#4]
Good news!

I'm toying with some projects and a faster collision detection and VBO's will come in handy for some of them. :)

When will it be released? No need for an exact date, but this month? Or the next?

simonh(Posted 2007) [#5]
Probably in two weeks or so.

I've found C++ to be better for intensive maths routines involving lots of vector objects (used to store x, y and z values).

Vectors are pretty much a necessity in many of the collision routines, and C++ offers things like creating objects on the stack, inlining and operator overloading, with the former two contributing to faster execution time, and the latter to neater code. a-b*c is a lot nicer to read/write than a.Subtract(b.Multiply(c))

When it comes to pure calculations involving ints and floats, BMax and C++ are quite close in terms of speed.

ima747(Posted 2007) [#6]
Can't wait, keep up the great work and thanks for the update!