Just downloaded Klepto's MiniB3D

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Just downloaded Klepto's MiniB3D

CASO(Posted 2007) [#1]
Is it just my computer, or is the terrain loading excessively slow?

The terrain example included, took about 40 seconds to load.

However, once it did load, everything ran beautifully.

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yes it is a known issue. But already fixed with the new Version. The new Version loads enourmously faster.

z4g0(Posted 2007) [#3]
That's a good news!! as the octree's framareate improving!: When will be released indicatively?

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#4]
simon and klepto;

are there any chance that both your versions can merge at some point, and you both work on it?
I feel it's kind of confusing with the two different versions..

CASO(Posted 2007) [#5]
@LarsG
I that would be cool, but will Mac and Microsoft ever merge?
@Klepto2
When are you planing on the release of the new version?

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#6]
I hope to release a more or less completeted extended by the end of this week. It will include 'hopefully' all fixes of simons 0.42 Version. Also it will include the Octree scenemanager, better Max2D support, new Terrain, Bouyancy planes, Vehicle Physics, Newton Raycast capabilities and a lot of bugfixes and hopefully a small surprise feature.

The thing with simon and me working together was discussed a long time ago. The reason why this will currently not happen is the fact, that simons goal is to keep miniB3D more or less lowlevel. I will try to add a lot of 'highlevel' features instead.

CASO(Posted 2007) [#7]
I can't wait to play around with it!

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#8]
hmmm.. I just don't see why it couldn't be both..
(low level 3D engine, but with high level options if you choose to use them.. :))

maybe I'm just too demanding.. hehe ;)

z4g0(Posted 2007) [#9]
I hope to release a more or less completeted extended by the end of this week. It will include 'hopefully' all fixes of simons 0.42 Version. Also it will include the Octree scenemanager, better Max2D support, new Terrain, Bouyancy planes, Vehicle Physics, Newton Raycast capabilities and a lot of bugfixes and hopefully a small surprise feature.

That is not a 0.42... is a 0.84 :O :O

Anyway i thinks that the main goal for now is blitz3D like performance with crossplatform first af all.