Renderworld Failure on 0.41

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Renderworld Failure on 0.41

TobyTyke(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,

I'm starting to feel a little dumb at the moment, I keep having load of problem with MiniB3d. Nobody seems to be having the same problems so It must be me or my setup.

With this in mind I reloaded my PC from stratch, and upgrade Blitzmax to the latest version. I then re-synced the modules (Including Axe).

I then downloaded the latest version of Klepto Minib3d

I re-built all the modules (Ctrl+D) and this worked without any errors.

But when every I try and use MiniB3d I always get memory errors. After tracking this down with the debuger It appears to be the following command:

glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0)

In TGlobal.bmx - The Renderworld Function.

Can somebody please, please let me know what I'm doing wrong or what I've missed.

Thanks in advance.

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#2]
Well first you should report the brand and model of your graphic card, there was/is some issues with Intel integrated graphic cards.

simonh(Posted 2007) [#3]
Do you have the same problem with the normal version of MiniB3D?

JonasL(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hi, I have the same problem running Mac PPC G4, GeForce4 MX, MacOSX 10.4.9. Klepto's module 0.41 crashes on RenderWorld(). No sample works for me. Simon's module 0.41 works just fine. I think it has to do with the fact that glActiveTexture() doesn't work on some graphics card drivers that ship with many Macs. I think we have been through this several times before and I think the remedy was to replace all glActiveTexture() with glActiveTextureARB(). In GraphicsInit() Simon is using glewInit() saying that it is "required for glActiveTextureARB".

JetFireDX(Posted 2007) [#5]
Finally... been away from this for a while and just got everything back up and running with all the latest. Took a lot of searching to get all the fixes in to make klepto's version working on my MacBook.

Would it be possible to have all the fixes for the varied problems with each platform be able to be enabled at compile time for the module? (I know it doesn't take long to for example replace each glActiveTexture() with glActiveTextureARB()... but it needs to be done each time there is an update.) Couldn't there be something in there that is like if the target is MacOS use glActiveTextureARB()
and the same for any Linux specifics (if there are... I haven't tried it on Linux yet.) And if this has been covered / thought of somewhere else just disregard.