klepto2 physics! Where to start?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/klepto2 physics! Where to start?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi

ive never used newton physics engine, and now klepto2 as added this support to miniB3D i wonder where to start? realy i could do with some nice begginer tutorials.

do you guys have any tutorials,links, examples. ect... Im downloading the SDK but unsure if this is going to be any help.

thanks for any help you can offer.

kev

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#2]
At first the extended Version provides a physic sample which shows how to use the physic pipeline. OK it is a bit poor, but I will (currently working on it) provide a more detailed Physic sample with more advanced functions as soon as I add them to the physics interface.

the SDK is a good starting point but keep in mind that my physics interface uses Newton only as a backend and is designed to give access to the power of newton on more or less higher level instead of programming directly in Newton. So the
SDK uses the direct Newton functions (are provided with miniB3D) and my wrapper builds on it but uses a less complex interface. Currently stay with the sample and extend it bit by bit. I will show a more detailed sample soon.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#3]
great klepto2, i look forward to it. i am looking over the sample and trying to understand whats going on :)

when we add a new material to the material libary using TPhysicMaterial.Create(). i presume this sets the type of collision mode? so take 'Wood' for example adding two wood's would give a collision physic of that wood on wood. like for example a wooden ball rolling on a wooden board.

is this correct? more questions as i go along.

kev