miniB3D extended 0.41

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/miniB3D extended 0.41

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hello, after a long time I'm now offering the new extended Version based on SimonH 0.41 Version.

Here is a complete list of the additional Functions:

The Download links are : http://rapidshare.com/files/29849861/miniB3Dext041beta.zip
www.ironstorm-studios.net/minib3d/miniB3Dext041beta.zip
http://www.sherrox.com/miniB3Dext041beta.zip

Also it is available via syncmods under the german modserver located at btbn.de/ModServer/
just add this url to the BMax modserver.cfg and run
syncmods -u username -p pass klepto

(sorry for the rapidshare host but I have currently no alternative)

there are 4 small samples for Terrain,Shader,Shadow and Physics included. it is precompiled for Win but should compile fine on Mac and Linux.
The Package contains 3 Modules:
1. klepto.minib3d --> Main Module
2. klepto.minib3dparticles --> Particle Extension
3. klepto.minisound3D --> OpenAL 3D Sound Extension

Well the samples are a bit poor but I'm working on some more
to present some particle functions and some extended Physics thingies with callbacks etc.

so enjoy !

Picklesworth(Posted 2007) [#2]
Mmmm, shadows :)
This is really nice, Klepto2, of course!

Kind of off topic, but I was just looking for you a minute ago:

I'm finally working on pulling functions like file loaders out to external systems that are still utilized transparently by the core functions (as opposed to having a million different functions to load different files -- eg, extra modules containing extended Types or new functions, which, while extremely useful as your stuff here demonstrates, can't solve everything), and I have a question for you: Why is your MD2 stuff so crazy? :b

In other words, is it necessary that there be extra functions and fields for TEntity pointing straight towards MD2s? (Can these be loaded as more generic meshes, or MD2 updating at least be put in a more central place?)

By the way, TNewton there has no types. ("FNewton", "HNewton"? "Newton"? There are lots of letters left in the alphabet).

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#3]
nice work, Klepto2.. :)

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thx.

The MD2 stuff needs to be this way, to work like the original B3D Functions in B3D.

I think you speak of the TNewton.bmx located in the inc folder. Well this file isn't used anymore and I was just lazy to think about another name ;)

Mikele(Posted 2007) [#5]
Wow! Shaders, shadows, terrain, physic, particles... Thanks Klepto2!

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#6]
ld: table of contents for archive: /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.mod/libnewton32.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)

do you know what this is, Klepto2?
I'm running on my Mac.

what does that errormessage mean, and what do I do to make it go away?! :p

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#7]
not exactly, but you can download this newton sdk:
http://www.physicsengine.com/downloads/NewtonMac-1.53.zip

and try to replace the libnewton32.a with one of the others provided with this sdk, maybe the 64bit version.
I don't own a mac and the ones who tested it on mac doesn't repoert any errors. So I couldn't test it here.

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#8]
ok, I hopefully have the solution for your problem LarsG.
The errormsg just means that you have to run ranlib with libnewton32.a to get it work before compiling your app:

in this case 'ranlib libnewton32.a'

I hope this solve the problem.

degac(Posted 2007) [#9]
Same problem here. I tried to follow the Klepto's advice and I've loaded with both libNewton32.a and libNewton32_G3.a, rebuild it all, but now I have a different error

ld: /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.mod/libnewton32_G3.a(dgMinkowskiConv.o) malformed object (stray relocation PAIR entry (163) in section (__TEXT,__eh_frame))

(I have 163 of this warning...)

any clue?

MacOs 10.3.9 - iBook G3 500Mhz

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#10]
Have you tried my latest advice with libnewton32.a?
I mean the one with ranlib?

marksibly(Posted 2007) [#11]
Hi,

ld: table of contents for archive: /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.mod/libnewton32.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)

Try this from the command line:
ranlib /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.mod/libnewton32.a

ld: /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.mod/libnewton32_G3.a(dgMinkowskiConv.o) malformed object (stray relocation PAIR entry (163) in section (__TEXT,__eh_frame))

Trickier: the lib may need to be rebuilt on 10.3.9.

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#12]
Yes, I'm sorry about the Mac Bug but it seems that all the Mac libs are 10.4 and up compatible. I will try to ask if a pre 10.4 lib is possible but I can't promise anything.

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#13]
just to follow up.. I get the malformed object error too, after running ranlib (with and without the -s switch).

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#14]
You can also download it from Here

Sveinung

mongia2(Posted 2007) [#15]
help

i insert dir in mod\

and i have ctrl+d for compilation!

but
Import klepto.minib3d
error!!

help me!!

mongia2(Posted 2007) [#16]
it work in mac and linux?

for win???

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#17]
@mongia2:
You have to copy the folders to mod/klepto.mod/
Also you may have to rename the 'MiniB3D.bmx' to 'minib3d.bmx' to compile it under linux. Yeah, I'm a lazy windows user ;).
If you have a Mac 10.4 then it should also work with mac.

North(Posted 2007) [#18]
Demos working good.
Can it be the boxes in the physics sample don't get deactivated when resting?

Thanks Klepto !

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#19]
yes, the demos are really bad optimized and only should display some abbilities and let you get a starting point.
The next samples will be far more optimized and complex. The physic demo will get some constraits Callback reaction etc. .

Kev(Posted 2007) [#20]
thanks klepto2,

i look foward to more complete examples for physic's, great work you done adding to miniB3D.

*EDIT nevermind my mistake!

kev

mongia2(Posted 2007) [#21]
thanks klepto2

example work!!

in a shadows if you use a debug build!
error in render world!!!

mongia2

WildStorm(Posted 2007) [#22]
Cooooooool stuff!

edit:// would it maybe be possible to add those lines to "func.bmx"

Function MouseXSpeed_LinMM(mmx:int)

Return TBlitz2D.MouseXSpeed_LinMM(mmx)

End Function

Function MouseYSpeed_LinMM(mmy:int)

Return TBlitz2D.MouseYSpeed_LinMM(mmy)

End Function

It fixes this ugly MouseBug on Linux.

ima747(Posted 2007) [#23]
Hey klepto, just started poking around and integrating your new release into my game. The first thing I'm trying to work in is shadows. However I keep getting unhandled memory exceptions. I went back into the shadows example program and I get them there to.

It loads and starts running, the light does one loop and when the shadow gets back to about where it starts it crashes with an unhandled exception. Changing the teapot to a CreateCube keeps it from crashing so it seems to have something to do with more complex geometry.

In my game it just crashes as soon as the level loads, but that's probably since everything is a loaded mesh and pretty complex.

If I load the grid.b3d mesh in place of the teapot.b3d it crashes right away.
If I comment out everything related to the "ent" it also crashes right away.

Running it on windows btw. Don't have the particle or your audio mods loaded, just the klepto.minib3d module.

Don't know if it makes a difference but I don't have maxgui so I commented things related to max gui out of your mod and recompiled it. I wouldn't think that should matter though since it's just 2 functions related to canvases.

simonh(Posted 2007) [#24]
Great work klepto.

ima747(Posted 2007) [#25]
Hey klepto, been poking at the shadow sample some more to try to find the crash.

2 Meshes crashes either right on load or after one loop of the light around the objects.

2 Meshes, shadow only on the plane. No fast crash.

2 Meshes shadow on teapot, one loop then crash.

teapot replaced with createcube, no fast crash

If I commend out line 68, or just AnimeTime(ent) at the end of the line, it runs for about 4 loops of the light before it crashes. that's with both meshes on and shadowed.

It doesn't seem to crash with debug build turned on, but it runs at 25fps instead of 60.

Making SetShadow(1,0) 50% of the time crashes after one loop, and 50% crashes after 3 or more

Making SetShadow(0, 0) or SetShadow(0, 1) doesn't crash but shadows are flickery and broken

Keeping all other shadow code but turning off ShowShadow(true) no crash and no shadow (no big surprise)

Always crashes with unhandled memory exception.

Specs: Windows XP SP2 MCE. Nvida geforce 6800gt. Dual 2.1ghz AMD MP processors. 1 gig of ram. Dual monitors.

Haven't tried it on my mac yet.

Don't know if it's a problem with my hardware or not but I'm not seeing any problems with anything else, all the other samples run fine and my game works perfectly using your extended version.

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#26]
@ima747:
Yes, the shadow problem is sadly a known oneand currently I can't determine where the problem exactly lies. As you have seen the crach only happens with ZPass technique and not with ZFail. And thats the big mysterious: both use the exactly same
mesh and extra mesh.updateshadow method. but once it works and the other time it doesn't. Also a big riddle to me is: I have ported exactly the same code from my previous (0.40) version and there it doesn't crash in any case. so currently call me 'bughunter' ;) .
And yes the ZFail technique generates artifacts for the self shadowing. Exactly it produces Z-Fighting. I have tried a lot of 'solving mechanics' but nothing works till now (polygon offset changing, etc). MAybe I have to take a deeper look in which bit depth the z-buffer is generated and maybe to set the bits up.

thx for the feedback :)
klepto2

ima747(Posted 2007) [#27]
Awsome. I'll keep you posted if I can come up with anything that might be usefull. Glad to know it's not just me :0)

Besides that the extended version has been fantastic for me so far.

I don't really understand how the shadowing works, or the concepts behind the techniques but I will see if I can "ed-u-ma-cate" myself a bit more and poke around for you. Shadows and non reactive collisions are the bigest things I have left to add to my game in it's current development level so getting them working one way or another is a priority to me and if I can help, all the better!

Keep up the great work!

LT(Posted 2007) [#28]
Hmm, I can't get anything to compile. When I try any of the samples, I get...

Compile Error
Can't find interface for module 'brl.maxgui'

When I try to compile MiniB3D, I get...

Compile Error
Module does not match commandline module

What am I doing wrong?

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#29]
Yes, I have forgotten, that not everyone has maxgui installed.
Also it seems you're running on linux ?

For the first thing:
Remove from minib3d.bmx : Import brl.maxgui at the top of the file.
Then remove the to Functions in the TGlobal.bmx called:
CanvasGraphics3D() and UpdateCanvas3D()
After this remove the equivalent functions in extfunctions.bmx.
If you try to compile it on linux then you have to rename 'miniB3D.bmx' to 'minib3d.bmx'

Also you may have to recompile the bmk utility like described in this thread: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=67478

I hope this helps.

Sanctus(Posted 2007) [#30]
Whooo Thanx Klepto!!!!!!!!!!!
This stuff will help me quite a lot

Could you please make a example of how the canvas3d function works? I tryed to replace
SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver(),GRAPHICS_BACKBUFFER|GRAPHICS_DEPTHBUFFER
TGlobal.width=ClientWidth(MainCanvas)
TGlobal.height=ClientHeight(MainCanvas)

TGlobal.depth=16
TGlobal.mode=0
TGlobal.rate=60
SetGraphics CanvasGraphics(MainCanvas)
TGlobal.GraphicsInit()

with
CanvasGraphics3D(MainCanvas)
UpdateCanvas3D(MainCanvas)

The thing is that nothing is showing up in both cases

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2007) [#31]
Thanks for the update klepto!

Looks like the single surface sprite system is not incldued in this update, am I right?

-AF

LT(Posted 2007) [#32]
Okay, I did all the removals that you suggested, but I am NOT running under Linux. I am running under Windows XP. I still get...

Compile Error
Module does not match commandline module

Help! I really want to try this stuff out! :)

ima747(Posted 2007) [#33]
Are you trying to run the module or rebuild it? You have to go to the Program menu and choose Build Modules (Ctrl+D). If you try to run it to get it to compile it will be trying to reference itself, since it declares itself as a module and you will get that error.

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#34]
@LT, have you copied all files into : 'YourBMaxPath/mod/klepto.mod/' ? If think you're trying to run it from sidesign.minib3d or something like this.

@arctic fox:

The most important thing is that you have to set the GraphicsDriver to OpenGL (on win). The second thing is that you have to set the new Viewports for you cams extra after the updatcanvas3D command, thats because I don't know where the user wants to have their cams or what is their main cam.

I hope this helps.

LT(Posted 2007) [#35]
@ima747: Thanks. I am new to BMax and unaware of procedures like that.

@klepto: Yes, I have copied it there. I read all the posts under this heading before I posted the question. I am new to BMax and think ima has pointed out my error. I'll try Build Modules when I get home.

Thanks for your responses! :)

ima747(Posted 2007) [#36]
NP. Here's a setp by step of how to install klepto's version for those that might have trouble.

Go to your BlitzMax/mod folder (usualy "C:\Program Files\BlitzMax\mod" on windows or "/Applications/BlitzMax/mod" on mac) and create a folder called klepto.mod

Copy the minib3d.mod and any of the other mod folders you may want from the zip file into the new klepto.mod folder. you should now have .../BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.mod

If you are on linux I believe you need to rename "MiniB3D.bmx" in the minib3d.mod folder to "minib3d.bmx" due to some case issue with linux. I don't know for sure since I haven't gotten my linux system setup with blitz yet.\

If you don't have MaxGUI on any OS you will have to make a few modifications before you can compile.
From Klepto:
Remove from minib3d.bmx : Import brl.maxgui at the top of the file.
Then remove the to Functions in the TGlobal.bmx called:
CanvasGraphics3D() and UpdateCanvas3D()
After this remove the equivalent functions in extfunctions.bmx.
From ima:
I was too lazy to look for things so I just hit Ctrl+D for compile modules. Wherever it says there's a problem (unknown such and such, can't find this and that) just put rem above the line or function and end rem bellow it to comment it out. The BlitzMAX IDE only finds one error at a time and stops, so it should take tries (one for each error) before it compiles. Just Build Modules, comment problem, repeat.

If you haven't already, select Build Modules from the Program menu. Do not try running anything since modules don't work that way you'll just get module related errors.

If you use the MiniB3D Sound module I made or any other modules you might have that are based off of MiniB3D you have to modify them just like you will have to modify your own programs. Change "Import sidesign.minib3d" to "Import klepto.minib3d". To update MiniB3D Sound make that change at the top of .../BlitzMax/mod/ima.mod/minib3dsound.mod/minib3dsound.bmx". After changing any modules you must Build Modules from the programs menu again.

If you are on mac you may have an issue with the the Newton physics lib if you are using a version of OS X earlier than 10.4. You can try Re-compiling the physics lib using some of the posts above but it doesn't look like anyone has a perfect way of getting it working. And why arn't you using 10.4 anyway?

Hope that helps!

LT(Posted 2007) [#37]
Aargh!

Okay, Build Modules is grayed out in the Program menu. Why would that be? I went ahead and hit Ctrl+D and this is what it returns in the Output tab...

Building Modules
Compiling:blitz_app.c
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

It's not even getting to klepto's mod! WTH!?

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#38]
this error occures because you try to build c code without having MinGW installed.

Follow the following steps:
- Open the commandline prompt for windows
- change to your Blitzmax/bin directory with cd C:\Program Files/Blitzmax/bin
- enter the following: bmk makemods -a klepto

normally after that: relax and enjoy miniB3D ;)

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#39]
klepto2 it a Superb!
Well done!

Mofo(Posted 2007) [#40]
klepto2,

Nice work, this is great stuff!

I have encountered one problem though. After running the terrain demo, the program launches and all I get is a black screen in the window and the app just hangs/freezes. I tried making another smaller app using terrain and it does the same thing. All other demos are working great.

My machine is a MacBook Pro with an Intel Core Duo using Leopord 10.4.9. My card is an ATI RadeonX1600.

- Mofo

ima747(Posted 2007) [#41]
How long did you wait on the black screen? On my PC it took quite a while before it got going, but it was speedy once it loaded.

Mofo(Posted 2007) [#42]
Yup,

*Reminds self too get some sleep* =)

I ran the app again and went to get a snack, came back and it was working great. My impatience got the best of me.

- Mofo

Sanctus(Posted 2007) [#43]
I don't really get it... A small example would be nice

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#44]
Sorry, Sanctus. I have confounded you and Arctic Fox.
Take A look some posts up and there is a codebox with a Canvassample. Check for @Arctic Fox.

LT(Posted 2007) [#45]
@klepto: I did as you said and it worked. I can run the physics and shader samples, but for some reason, I'm still getting this error on the shadow sample...

Compile Error
Can't find interface for module 'brl.maxgui'

I can't find any reference to the maxgui, just the import klepto.minib3d, but it's been recompiled and works with the other samples. I'm confused.

ksalomao(Posted 2007) [#46]
@LT: read the entire topic and you will find an answer to your question. Klepto2 has described how to remove references to maxgui in his module.

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#47]
@LT: Just a guess,have you disabled 'Quick build' in the IDE?
If not disable it.
Thats the only reason why it shouldn't work if all other samples run.

LT(Posted 2007) [#48]
@ksalomao: Apparently you didn't read my post, because I did remove the references and the other samples work. :P

@klepto: I'm not at home right now, but I will check. However, wouldn't 'Quick Build' also prevent the other samples from working?

ksalomao(Posted 2007) [#49]
@LT, my mistake, sorry! :)

LT(Posted 2007) [#50]
Found a solution, but I don't know why this makes a difference. The following line was missing from the shadow sample...

Framework BRL.FileSystem

Now it works. I'm now scratching my head, though.

Sanctus(Posted 2007) [#51]
Hm... I can't get the Map-editor to render but I'll figure it out...
Today I tryed to enter the game using the new module and its good except the fact that drawtext() doesn't draw as before. Now I see the background black and over it the text with a diferent color than the previous. But at least now when I load a .b3d it gets textured with the relative paths :)
A bit of help with the weird drawtext function would be nice

EDIT: Hmmm... I managed to get past that error(there was something with the alpha's of the things I draw after) but now there is another one: I made a .b3d scene with relative paths to textures. They all get textured except for some grass wich should be on the floor but it aint at all and some textures on the tree. It should be masked and it doesn't get so. I mean I can't see trough the black pixels. The .b3d file is exported with B3DPipeline and in the preview it looks ok...
Please help me!
Thx in advance

Spacechimp(Posted 2007) [#52]
@ima747

"Here's a setp by step of how to install klepto's version" Was very useful.

Thank You.

siread(Posted 2007) [#53]
Hi Klepto. Since updating to 0.41 I've been having a few issues. In version 0.40 I could draw 2d over 3d no problem:

Now in 0.41 this happens:

But if i hide that camera and set up a new one (but don't display any objects) I get this:

And finally, after displaying some objects I pause my game and display the gui again, and everything is fine

I can't pin down what is causing things to change, but it all worked perfectly in 0.40. (Sorry for all the pics.)

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2007) [#54]
It looks like the blendmode needs setting.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#55]
When i compile modules, there is an eror in here
For Local M:String = EachIn MapKeys(Materials)
			Print "Material : " + String(M)
		Next

Compiler say's that, Compile Error: Illegal EachIn expression
Build Error: failed to compile F:/BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.mod/minib3d.bmx
Loading:F:\BlitzMax\mod\klepto.mod\minib3d.mod\inc\TPhysik.bmx
[F:/BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.mod/inc/TPhysik.bmx;90;3]

Dabz(Posted 2007) [#56]
Wow, this is really impressive... I think I'm going to have fun playing with these! :)

Thank you for your hard work! ;)

Dabz

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#57]
thx at all of you for the feedback :)

@ JohnK:
You have to use 'Physic.Materials' instead of 'materials'
@siread:
Yeah, somewhere the Max2D Part seems to have a bug, I'm just investigating ;).

McSeb(Posted 2007) [#58]
I hate to bug people about the installation again but I just don't get it.

Using WinXP and have the MaxGUI installed

Here's what I've done:

1. Created a 'klepto.mod' folder in my 'BlitzMax\mod\' folder.

2. Copied the 'minib3d.mod', 'minib3dparticle.mod' and 'minisound3d.mod' to the 'klepto.mod'

3. Opened the MaxIDE and hit Ctrl-D
Building Modules
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

4. Tried klepto2's suggestion
Follow the following steps:
- Open the commandline prompt for windows
- change to your Blitzmax/bin directory with cd C:\Program Files/Blitzmax/bin
- enter the following: bmk makemods -a klepto

Result:
C:\Program Files\BlitzMax\bin>bmk makemods -a klepto
Compiling:minib3d.bmx
Compile Error: Identifier 'CreateMap' not found
[C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.mod/inc/TPhysik.bmx;20;2]
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/klepto.mod/minib3d.
mod/minib3d.bmx
C:\Program Files\BlitzMax\bin>

5. Looked in the forums again and came on this post:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=53442

So I downloaded the file and installed it following Amon's instruction exactly:

If you're running xp click the start button, right click on 'My Computer' >> 'Properties'. Click the 'Advanced Tab' and at the bottom you will see the 'Environment Variables' button. Click that. It should open up a new window with two boxes named 'User Variables for blah' and 'System Variables'.

Click 'New' for User Variables and in the 'Variable Name'Box type 'MinGW'. In the 'Variable Value' Box enter the path to the MinGW installation ie C:\MinGW. Then click OK.

In the 'System Variables' box, scroll down until you see the variables 'Path'. Click on it and click the edit button. In the 'Variable Value' box, move your curser to the end of text, add a semi colon, and put the path to your MinGW\bin directory. eg, c:\MinGW\Bin. Click ok and ok again and you should be ready to go.

6. Opened the MaxIDE and hit Ctrl-D
Building Modules
Process complete

7. Read Ima thing about
I was too lazy to look for things so I just hit Ctrl+D for compile modules. Wherever it says there's a problem (unknown such and such, can't find this and that) just put rem above the line or function and end rem bellow it to comment it out. The BlitzMAX IDE only finds one error at a time and stops, so it should take tries (one for each error) before it compiles. Just Build Modules, comment problem, repeat.

If I start to Rem pieces out won't it fail or get errors, I mean from what I get from the error messages when I ran the compiler from Dos, it is jamming on 'Field Materials:TMap = CreateMap()' won't it fail when it looks for that variable ?

8. Given up and posted here, Help !

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#59]
You should try a syncmod before trying, also you may look in your 'account' on this Website under Product Updates' and download the latest BMAx Version as it seems you haven't.

Current BMax Version: 1.24

McSeb(Posted 2007) [#60]
Worked, I should have tought of that, well I guess this is me:

_33(Posted 2007) [#61]
Excellent work klepto2! Are there officiel benchmarks comparing minib3d 0.40 or 0.41 against Blitz3d 1.98 ? Sorry I don't have BlitzMax so I can't compare myself. But with all those shadow, physics, shaders stuff that have been included in this, it's getting difficult concentrating on my prod in Blitz3d!

Are there any demos EXEs on Windoze?

Cheers.

JonasL(Posted 2007) [#62]
Hi, excellent work klepto2.

I can't get the klepto.minisound3d module to compile on my Mac. The compiler complains about "Compile Error: Can't find interface for module 'pub.openal'". I do not have it installed. Where can I get it? Does it work for Mac?

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#63]
Wierd... Your shadows crashed with the dreaded memory exception error, but i fixed it. First I reinstalled OpenGL and drivers in case it was an issue with those, no luck, then I added a few K of padding to the the shadow tri's array, and it works perfectly! Thank you Klepto!

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#64]
Oh hey, Klepto, I was just wondering if you were any closer to nailing that Z battling error with the shadows?

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#65]
unfortunatly not, but I think i will reimplemnt the whole shadow thing after I'm ready with the other stuff.

Btw: a small new Worklog update:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=8309&log=1439

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#66]
Shadowing looks nice but it creates a massive speed hit on my system, from 2000fps to 140. :(

Klepto: have you ever looked at GLscene to see how they implement various shadows, great system but delphi based.

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#67]
Is there a limit on the b3d files you can use?

I have a 9000 poly mesh with 80 bones and get an array error when i try to load it in; it loads into blitz3d ok.