Get latest Klepto version

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Get latest Klepto version

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#1]
Is there any place I can get the latests extended version of miniB3D?

siread(Posted 2007) [#2]
I think this is his box of delights...

http://www.brsoftware.de.vu/DL/

Presumably this is the latest...

http://klepto2.kl.funpic.de/DL/Minib3dPFXNewton0.40.tar.gz

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#3]
well, the DL Folder is more named 'trash bin' ;)
unfortunatly I'm rebuilding my website because some stupid idiots had hacked my page :( so the last stable release isn't currently available there. But thx to Sveinung he has uploaded the last mainly stable release:
http://www.sherrox.com/minib3dext.rar

The version you mention is a bit outdated to the current version and has alot of bugs in it. because everyone seems to want the next version I will build a very very beta module for the weekend. With Stencil Shadows,Particles,Simple Physics, Terrain and some other stuff (I have added some (at least for me) useful functions) .
Some added functions:
-CanvasGraphics3D --> Easily integrate miniB3D to Maxgui
-UpdateCanvas3D --> used to easily resize a canvas
-BackBuffertoTexEXT() --> this has an extra flag to specify things which GL Buffer should be rendered to the texture (eg: GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT)

-EnableClipPlane() - using clipplanes (useful for refraction textures)
- DisableClipPlane()
-HideSurface()
-ShowSurface()

Also I have added some very small rendertweaks: eg when AutoFade is used no mesh is rendered if the resulting alpha is 0. (Useful for basic LOD or Culling)

North(Posted 2007) [#4]
oh most exciting Klepto :)

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#5]
Delightful!

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#6]
Here is something what I have actually done in about half an hour as some performance test:

The foliage is taken from one of the best blitz3D games ever:
Stranded2 --> www.unrealsoftware.de
thx to Darkcorner for this

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2007) [#7]
MiniB3D is good. Blitz3D is better:

http://www.shadowturtle.de/down/clouddemo.rar ( 5,94 MB )

http://www.shadowturtle.de/down/clouddemo.zip ( 7,24 MB )

;)

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#8]
Even if you have a smily under your post, if you want use B3D then use it but don't compare a full grown, long years of developing and stable commercial engine with a half year old free 3D engine for Bmax. If you mean B3D is better then stay at B3D. And don't spam other peoples threads with damn useless
posts like the last one.
And btw.
Does B3D support Shaders? miniB3D does.
Does B3D render a high detailed terrain like the one in my screenshot with up to 5000 foliage objects(around 500000 tris per frame) without much LOD and cull handling at constant 80 fps? Guess what, miniB3D can.

So if you keep B3D, then stop spamming in this way. Post constrictive critism or suggestions. But not posts like yours.

Sorry, but this has to be said.

klepto2

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#9]
agreed. come on mr shadowturtle, be nice. I like both Blitz3D and miniB3D. they both fill unique niches.

feel free to start another thread with a B3D vs miniB3D or whatever but don't slam someones stuff.

Picklesworth(Posted 2007) [#10]
Besides that, just because you have nicer media (and a screenshot that took a lot longer than 30 minutes to build) doesn't make one engine nicer than another.
That's like rating a 3D modelling tool based on the prettiness of its user creations gallery (they're all the same), or a video player based on how good the movie it is shown playing in a screenshot, or an operating system based on how attractive its desktop background is.

Nonetheless, nice landscape, Turtle. Nice demo, Kelpto. It isn't the nicest artwork ever, but I can see some nice stuff in there :)

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#11]
thx.
The screenshot wasn't build to be very nice, it should only show how the terrainsystem works. eg: I have build in a function to get the TerrainY and also a function to create a colormap based on provided textures.
Also the water is a GLSL shader, and while implementing it I had have a nice Idea about an additional Material system, where there will be later shader based materials like glass,mirror, water etc. . It will then work like this:

TMaterial is the main type, then Materials like TGlassshader are derived from it and updated automatically.

PS: the screenshot includes around 6000 foliage objects and a non LOD Terrain with shaderwater and runs at least on my system with smoothly 80 fps.

North(Posted 2007) [#12]
Great work Klepto!
Shaders and terrain - what a sight :)

In the screenshot the terrain fades to blue and increases transparency the further away from the camera it is. Is this some kind of fog/fade system in prep of LOD?

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#13]
I have build in a function to get the TerrainY

That should be useful when calculating ground-effect in flight simulators :-)

Can't wait!

IceVAN(Posted 2007) [#14]
Hi Klepto2

I have test for the first time your minib3dext mod with a program that I write for minib3d and the program is crash.

I have try with other examples and happens the same.
With minib3d they work but with minib3dext no. :(

This is the error:
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000018

My system is Mac OSX.
Somebody has test it in OSX?

Greetings

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#15]
Well, the samples aren't optimized for the my extended version. In fact there where some problems relating to VBOs.

Put the following right after your graphics3D command:
THardwareInfo.VBO Support = False

and test again.
The VBO system has essential changed to the last Version. A Mesh has to be assigned explicity as a VBO Mesh with MeshSetVBO(True). So some problems with animated B3Ds are solved within the next release. Also I have forgotten to change some mesh relating functions to work with VBOs so this maybe the reason.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#16]
Using the version told, I don't get any textures on my game, sing version 0.41 of simon everythings looks perfect. Any idea? Kloepto I can send you the source code and the media of my the sample app I'm working on.

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#17]
If shadowturtle demo would include minib3d equivalent at least, but it doesn't! There is no comparison ... and minib3d has really more potential than blitz3d, and you have access to all the source thanks to great guys like Simon and Klepto, and it's cross-platform and free, no really minib3d is great!

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#18]
@Ziggy: Yes, you can mail it to me. I think i know whats going on there with the textures, but in the hope I have already fixed it in my current version I would like to confirm it.

And ST: If i remember correct, the main part is based on the txLandscape engine, so even the main code wasn't done by you.

Sanctus(Posted 2007) [#19]
Hi Klepto
I'm really impressed by your work!
Your future version will be very usefoul!
When d you think it will be released? I need it as fast as posible :D well... mostly the terrain code :D

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#20]
Hy Klepto. Did you get my email? I realy need a way to solve the textures issue. If you can help me, or tell me what to changte in the module, I will do it.

Thanks for your great work

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#21]
hi ziggy, yes I have get your mail and I'm currently searching the issue, why it is not loading the way it should. in the collapsingmesh routine is something that is destroying the brush/shader structure or something like that. If I load it with LoadanimMesh, then it is textured. but that won't help you as the collision isn't working then.
I do my best, but I'm having no idea where the bug is hiding exactly. All tests and debug outputs seems to be correct.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#22]
Many thanks klepto. I appreciate a lot your help. I don't know if it helps or not, but on simon 0.41 the mesh loads and look ok. (The problem is I can't mic it with Max2D...)

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#23]
ziggy, what modelling tool have you used to create your model. I ask because it seems to work with some models and doesn't work with others. But why the hell it works with the standard Version but not with mine :(.

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2007) [#24]
bradford6, klepto2: blitz3d vs max? This theme is realy old. Oo

I wanted to show that blitz3d is good too. This means without support for Shaders etc.

miniB3D is not bad, but the most users can not use shaders efficiently, so like me.

By the way, klepto2. i known, i have not coded the demo alone. It will be only a Cloud + Landscape Demo for Blitz3D and this is a fact. You can port the Demo to miniB3D. This would be really a nice demo. Blitz3D Source is included at Download.

You see: I do not spam, you must only begin thinking about my words or ignore them and stop spam. Every can be a good developer and a idiot, just like me. ;)

d-bug(Posted 2007) [#25]
Thats a typical ShadowTurtle... :) Still talking faster than you can think and the others are the bad guys...

btw.
Nice shot klepto2, glad to see, that the logo wasn't trash. ;)

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#26]

bradford6, klepto2: blitz3d vs max? This theme is realy old. Oo

hmm, I really ask myself who starts with this. Oh wait: This was you, so no need to give us the responsibility for this.

You see: I do not spam, you must only begin thinking about my words or ignore them and stop spam. Every can be a good developer and a idiot, just like me. ;)

I think we have different opinions about the meanings of 'spamming'. I think 'spamming' begins exactly with something like you did : Posting in threads completly without knowledge of the subject, without any relationship to the topic.

So please stay in the B3D forums and don't post things you don't have any idea about.

@d-bug: thx. it would be a waste to throw your logo to the bin ;)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#27]
I agree it is a very good logo :D By the way klepto, have you find something releated to the texture loading bug?

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#28]
ziggy, unfortunatly I can't figure out where the texture bug belongs to. So I have decided to build in my extensions completely new to the version 0.41. This has 2 main reasons and advantages. I could explicity test when the bug occurs and I could clean up my code a bit ;) .
Maybe some features will not be added (eg the PostFX extension , but that hasn't any compatibility reasons I'm just not satisfied how it is currently implemented) and the release has to be delayed once again. But therefor it will be hopefully bugless ;).

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#29]
Thsnks for the info, I'll stay tuned :D

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#30]
Good news: I have ported nearly everything (last thing are the shadows) and it works good plus the texture bug is solved. (Don't ask why, _I don't know really where it was hidden ;) )

But it looks good that the beta release is coming close :)
Just to inform you :)

ksalomao(Posted 2007) [#31]
Sounds great!

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#32]
This sounds absolutely great! I'm looking fordward to giving it a try. Many thanks Klepto

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#33]
delightful. Thanks Klepto.

mongia2(Posted 2007) [#34]
thanks klepto!!

mongia

Sanctus(Posted 2007) [#35]
Yeah! Sound really great!!!
But how close do you mean by close if I might ask?
And about the texture bug... do you mean the fact that if you load a .b3d file that has relative paths to textures they don't show up? If you did fix that then its great