Terrain test

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Terrain test

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#1]
Here is a test of my terrain. I altered the routine to use a command API like Blitz3D. I was surprised how fast the terrain can be edited.

http://www.leadwerks.com/post/ter.zip

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#2]
hi, looks good from the modifing speed, but no textures or normalupdating here on my system.

AMD64 3200+ ATIX800 Pro 256 , 1GB Ram

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#3]
Does your gfx card only support 2 tex units?

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#4]
no, I have tested it until 8 Texture units with my own (starting) Terrain system. So this shouldn't be the problem.

I'dont know, but maybe you could send me the code so I could test it by myself. (I will handle the source with full respect). The terrain seems to be bruteforce currently (at least in wireframe). Do you want add some LOD or the like, becaus I'm currently adding static geographicsl Bitmapping with the use of VBOs to mine and I'm very interrested in different Ideas.

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#5]
It's okay, I develop on an NVidia card and I always run into things that don't work on ATI cards until I test it on one myself.

Wayne(Posted 2007) [#6]
Textures appear all black on Nvidia 7600GT with the latest drivers, Win XP Home.

Works ok on Nvidia 7600GS Latest drivers, Win 2000 Pro.

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#7]
Is this using GLSL?
Then this is probably the reason (ATI GLSL and NVIDIA GLSL have different conventions)

Tim(Posted 2007) [#8]
for me too, i use ati radeon xt 1600 pro
all textures are black :(
but the speed is really fine, good work!

Sanctus(Posted 2007) [#9]
I use ati radeon x700 pro 256 mb ram and I get black textures

WildStorm(Posted 2007) [#10]
same here, ati raedon 9600

d-bug(Posted 2007) [#11]
...and same here too!

I use a GF 7300SE.

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#12]
Damn my 7800 that never displays any bugs.

Oh well, I just released a new test on my forum, so if there are any problems with that, I will switch out my cards and find it.

I'll have a bmx module out within a week. It's shaping up pretty nicely.