Worklog Entry for my ext. Version

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Worklog Entry for my ext. Version

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, after a long time of silence I have decided to open a worklog to give you some feedback about it comes along with my minib3d version.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=8309&log=1439

thx for reading :)

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#2]
Klepto2,
Very nice. Thanks for the update.

North(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks Klepto - following your progress :)

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#4]
Seems good, thanks for sharing, wanted to download it but your site is down at the moment.

JA2(Posted 2007) [#5]
I've been wanting to download your version of minib3d for a while. I was wondering, is the source code included or is it pre-compiled as a module? I'm interested to see how you have implemented shaders into your version ;)

ToM C.(Posted 2007) [#6]
Thanks Klepto (Vielen Dank),
until now I was using B3D but with your MiniB3D extensions think it's time to change to BlitzMax :)

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#7]
Small Update:
Some infos about VBOs, Terrains and Particles.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=8309&log=1439

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#8]
cool. nice work.

klepto2,
for shaders,
a shader is applied to a brush.
a brush is painted on a surface.

when renderworld is called, the shader is run?

Picklesworth(Posted 2007) [#9]
Running in Vista?
Nice!
Looks like it's using the ancient UI, though. Does that program have a Manifest file?

Your particles look pretty good. I can't wait to see them in action!
And that canvas stuff is good, too, but I'll have to get MaxGUI before I can try that...

One thought with your editor: Those "bounding box" and "bounding sphere" check boxes seem to create a lot of unnecessary white space better used for a bigger preview. Couldn't they be put at the bottom, or in the menu? (What do they do, anyway?)

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#10]
Sry, but I haven't tested it on Vista yet. My system is Just XP with the Vista Transformation Package ;) .

The Editor Design will change a lot and your suggestion will surely be applied.

@bradford:
Yes, thats the way the shaders are supposed to work. But you have to activate before you they take effect in Renderworld.
I will write a very small shader sample later this day.