Bump map

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Bump map

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#1]
I had a look at the Nehe Tutorial 22 where a bump demo was showed. Now I'm not sure if this would also work in a purerly no light environment, only having a lightmap and ambiant lightning?
Another question, is it possible to integrate this in a MiNiB3D environment or could only this be added separately as opengl command on top or wouldn't this be possible at all?

What about a specular map? Same as above?

TheSin(Posted 2007) [#2]
Ambient lighting usually is mesh lighting based on the vertices of a mesh (kind of bright-dark shading). I highly doubt bump-/normal mapping can work without "proper" lighting but if you want to try it then you can do 2 things:

- search the Blitz3D forums for an bumpmapping example, there are a few; should work with minib3d as well
- use kleptos minib3d version and write your own GLSL bumpmapping shader / search on the net for ready to use GLSL bumpmapping shaders

Good luck =)

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#3]
1. yes I know, these examples with the dot3 blending mode, but these require a light
2. even if I could it would be no good, as I have to do it compatible with lesser grafic cards (as my GForce 4 ti 4200)