Issue with glActiveTexture() & ATI Drivers?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Issue with glActiveTexture() & ATI Drivers?

Lem(Posted 2007) [#1]
I'm having problems with with Klepto's MiniB3D mod (specifically mixing 2D and 3D)... it's breaking whenever Renderworld() is called and the error seems to be caused by glActiveTexture.

The debug info from TGlobal.bmx,
For Local Layer = 0 Until MaxTex
	glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0+Layer) <- Trips up here

glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP)
	glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S)
	glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T)
	glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_GEN_R)

glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D)
Next

(I've tried glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0+Layer) with the same result)

Commenting out the glActiveTexture lines results in a black screen.

I'm using Linux and a Radeon Mobility 9000 (R250), the OpenGL glxinfo shows that GL_ARB_multitexture is included with the driver and there doesn't seem to be much reason for it to fall over except a driver bug.

I'm curious if anyone else has had a similiar problem, as I've been digging around and it seems the Radeon 9000 driver from ATI has a bug in that particular area and that *might* be the source of the trouble. For similar "ATI can't code drivers" reasons I can't upgrade the fglrx driver to see if they've fixed it... so I'm curious if there's any way of working around this issue with the hardware I have, or if it's just a lost cause.

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#2]
maybe check what MaxTex is set too when the error happens

glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS, Varptr(MaxTex))
might be getting the wrong result?

manually setting it at 1 or 2....

Lem(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks Chris!

Well, tried to manually define MaxTex to a variety of different values and the Unhandled Exception appstub.linux signal handler 11 error popped up again.

The only way so far that I've beenable to get anything 2D/3D working (like your example on [a /posts.php?topic=67096"]this thread[/a]) working seems to be to comment out glActiveTexture. Admittedly there's probably 10 thousand other ways I should have tried as well.

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#4]
Could you try to replace the DrawTex command with the minib3d included Text command.

Next week there will be a new Version out which should have a workaround for this.

JetFireDX(Posted 2007) [#5]
I just started playing with the latest MiniB3D and your changes to to TGlobal / RenderWorld() to get Max2D working. I appear to be hitting the same problems described above. I am running Blitz on my MacBook. Was there a fix for this? I am not sure I have the latest changes. Thanks!