Mixing MiniB3D with OpenGL

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Mixing MiniB3D with OpenGL

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#1]
I was wondering if it is possible to mix MiniB3D with OpenGL commands, but not in the MiniB3D sources, instead in my code only?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
yes

patmaba(Posted 2007) [#3]
sure

Picklesworth(Posted 2007) [#4]
MiniB3D is OpenGL, so any OGL commands you call are just like calling MiniB3D's commands. (Albeit a bit less friendly :b)

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#5]
still waiting for the architectural job. I proposed a walkthrough instead of the normal render process for a 2 min movie. I just wanted to be sure, that if they really want bumpmapping I could add it at the end if I have enough time.

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#6]
I'd say you're best bet would be to use klepto's extended version and and various shaders, with the budget from even a modest architectural project, you can probably afford a decent shader conversant artist...

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#7]
yes, but the good thing(?) is that the hardware the architects have is often even older than mine, so no shaders needed. Bump and specularity would be the only thing I could imagine implementing. I wish I could start right away, but decisions take time, it would be such a nice projects :) Oh well, the longer they wait, the better MiniB3D is getting :)