Compile Error Under Linux

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Compile Error Under Linux

Lem(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi all,

I'm using BlitzMax 1.24 under Ubuntu Linux (2.16.1) and I cannot seem to get MiniB3D to compile when I include it in my main program file.

The include works as far as I can tell, but when BlitzMax is compiling it comes up with the following issue.

Building myfirstbmax
Compiling:MiniB3D.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.64
error: out of memory.
Build Error: Failed to assemble /home/lem/BlitzMax/projects/.bmx/MiniB3D.bmx.debug.linux.x86.s

I've synced my modules and I've rebuilt my modules and documentation and it hurtles through fairly happily with all of that (it seems to have an issue with freesound.mod but I don't think that's related)

I've read of similar problems with OSX, but I can't seem to find any options for *fixing* it.

I can't tell if this is a problem with my system setup or an error with BlitzMax.

I have a horrible feeling it might be something to do with GCC, but I thought I'd post to see if anyone else had had a similar error and knew a way to solve it.

simonh(Posted 2007) [#2]
You might have to update your version of FASM for debug mode to work. In release mode it should work.

Also, you need to change the mouse look code in the examples for it to work on Linux:
' mouse look

mxs#=mxs#+((MouseX()-width/2)/5.0)
    mys#=mys#+((MouseY()-height/2)/5.0)

RotateEntity cam,mys#,-mxs#,0

MoveMouse width/2,height/2

Thanks to Chris C for pointing these things out.

Lem(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks for the reply, grabbing the new FASM from <a href="http://flatassembler.net/download.php">here</a> and dropping it in the ./blitzmax/bin/ dir seems to have done the trick.

It gave me an error about G++ not being installed, but now after that it's giving me another error...

Building myfirstbmax
Compiling:MiniB3D.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.67.18  (16384 kilobytes memory)
4 passes, 0.6 seconds, 1113804 bytes.
Compiling:myfirstbmax.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.67.18  (16384 kilobytes memory)
3 passes, 1907 bytes.
Linking:myfirstbmax.debug
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXxf86vm
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/lem/BlitzMax/projects/myfirstbmax.debug
Process complete

[edit] getting libxxf86vm-dev using apt-get has fixed the error. There's an warning, but it seems to be ok otherwise.