Ultimate3D

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Ultimate3D

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#1]
Only a quick report, I mailed with Brad last day about a few problems I had while using the xsi importer and asked him about collada, too.

We have been looking at Collada for some time, and are waiting for a release of a library specifically for making import/export easy
to handle.

Sounds like great news to me.

TheSin(Posted 2007) [#2]
What is Ultimate3D? A 3D module for BMX? Is it cross-plattform? Any links?

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yeah. I have been a happy Ultimate Unwrap customer for the last several years.(back when it was called lithunwrap!) Brad Bolthouse is very responsive to questions.

www.unwrap3d.com

It is a UV mapping tool. Very intuitive and easy to use. You can also export a boned/animated biped (or anyboned mesh with a skin modifier) from 3DS Max to UNRAP and then subsequently save a .b3d file.

it loads and saves a ton of file formats (including .B3d) it supports 2 UVsets, animations, etc.

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#4]
We have been looking at Collada for some time, and are waiting for a release of a library specifically for making import/export easy to handle.
Appearently Feeling software make one.

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#5]
Appearently Feeling software make one.

depends on what they mean with a ...very attractive price.... Xsi and Autodesk are of a different caliber. I'll send him an email, but I'm sure he knows about Feeling Software.

TheSin(Posted 2007) [#6]
Oh, you mean Unwrap3D -.-"

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#7]
Oh! yes indeed, how could I, why did I..????!! is there any way to edit the topic title ;) how embarrassing ... it was late... I had to much tea... what ever...

H&K(Posted 2007) [#8]
Weird thing is. I read it as Unwrap3d. And even when I read your fist post didnt see the difference, still saw it as unwrap

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#9]
Maybe its because the products real and complete name is Ultimate Unwrap3D and it's the ultimate little piece of sw every 3d artist will need before long :) So ultimately.....

TheSin(Posted 2007) [#10]
Who needs UU3D? Wings3D, AC3D, XSI - isn't that enough for unwrapping and texturing? -.-"

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#11]
depends on what they mean with a ...very attractive price.... Xsi and Autodesk are of a different caliber.
I don't think prices get more attractive than 'free'.

TheSin(Posted 2007) [#12]
lol

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#13]
Who needs UU3D?

All major 3d packages have UV unrapper functionality. some better than others. UV unrapping is hard to get right. UU3D makes the job a bit easier in my opinion. It is also a great file format converter. (supports FBX, has 3DS MAX exporter plugins, etc)
and as i mentioned earlier, has the best .b3d export capability i have seen (you can edit all texture and brush properties in the export dialog as well as designate a lightmap)

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#14]
I don't think prices get more attractive than 'free'.

only free for non-commercial. If you want the source code it is not free anymore. That's how I understood it, but anyway, I mailed it to him. At present he is trying to improve the xsi plugin. Unfortunately xsi isn't exporting the bind pose when using dotxsi export, like the x format does.