XSI to Unwrap3d to b3d, bone error

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/XSI to Unwrap3d to b3d, bone error

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, I just bought UltimateUnwrap3D, as this seems to be the best way to export to b3d (besides all other great features :) ). For testing purposes I exported a model with mocap animation from XSI to Unwrap. The only and most decent way to have the animation exported correctly was by using the x format. So after some tweaking the model looked great and was animated perfectly within Unwrap. Now I exported it as b3d file and tried it in MiniB3D but I got a bone error. I reexported it as multimesh, to discard the bones and it looked fine, but without animation.

So does any xsi user have an idea what could be the problem??

Other thing, I tried reimporting the b3d file in Unwrap and first it looked ok, but when playing the animation the feet behaved weird. So I reopened the correct unwrap file and resaved as x file, loaded this one and it was fine. Then saved as b3d again and... bones error in miniB3D and play error in Unwrap... hmmmmm dunno, do the bones have to be a certain way for b3d to work??

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Any ideas?

Edit:

I loaded a x model (the dwarf) from the Irrlicht Demo and the bones looked much better in Unwrap3D. The created b3d file worked fine in minib3d too. Sooooo it's XSI, hmmmm. I tried dotxsi export but the animation was faulty, but the bones always looked alike...Will have to check another model. I tried the red_jaquaia model and simply draged a mocap over for testing purposes, seems to be the wrong way. Any xsi guys here with a proven workflow?

*-* Edit2:

ok, I finally got it, dotxsi isn't suited. Only for statics. Don't know if it's the new Unwrap exporter which is still beta or the xsi exporter.
Exporting with is fine as long as one has selected SRT as animation type and Plot Ik to FK. I didn't have SRT, I used the default Matirx unfofrtunately ;)

Hey the bird demo is funny with a flying character, but I got a drop from 60 fps to 20 fps ;)