MiniB3D+MaxGUI?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/MiniB3D+MaxGUI?

Takuan(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, i cant show text properly within a maxgui window
White text has black background which should be transparent (see MB3D GUI example).

Anyone has solved this?
I can scale the text now, but no clue how to color it or make black parts transparent.

*(Posted 2007) [#2]
I would like to know how to do that to the MiniB3d text!

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#3]
try my minib3d to max2d post version and you should be fine.
with my version you have to set SetGraphicsDriver from GLGraphicsDriver to GLMax2DDriver and before the DrawText command you have to use SetBlend AlphaBlend.

Takuan(Posted 2007) [#4]
Perfect...and so it worked. Thank you:)

Dirk Krause(Posted 2007) [#5]
@klepto2: just out of curiousity - why do you maintain a second minib3d version? wouldn't it make incredibly much sense to join forces with Simon?

Also I get a trojan virus alert on your website on my Opera, but maybe that's just me.

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#6]
no idea about the trojan report, until now noone has reported this issue. (I will investigate on this)

For the other thing: I think simonH has his own idea about where he want to go with minib3d. Currently i think that he wants to get the whole engine bugfree and perform like he wants. After this stage of developing I believe he is more open for suggestions that have deep impact to the source.

For know I have said to myself: Let him work in silence, add my own things (I have started my ext. Version just for my personnaly use) and when he is ready then let us discuss what things could find a way into the official engine and what will leave only for the extended Version.

(PS: eg the shader system is only useful if you really want to develop with shaders, so if you want a high compatible engine this has to be left from the orig. Engine)

Dirk Krause(Posted 2007) [#7]
ah, ok. sounds like a plan - I also assume that Simon wants to get as near to the 'original' B3D as possible, which also makes sense, and is a slightly different plan.

Now I understand - thanks for the explanation.

I'll mail you the report about the trojan.