Come back Antony

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Come back Antony

Leiden(Posted 2006) [#1]
Thanks JustLuke, good one. He was doing alot to improve MiniB3D, why'd you have to do that?

Anyway, if you're reading this Antony, come back dammit. Your a valuable member of this community.

Warren(Posted 2006) [#2]
While I appreciate that Antony has spurts of value, it always ends up like this. Just let it be. He'll be back in a month with some new engine to peddle.

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks JustLuke, good one.

You're welcome.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#4]
He was doing alot to improve MiniB3D, why'd you have to do that?
Antony droped MiniB3D of his own chosing, much like everything else.

Instead of whineing about any transgression you think JustLuke has commited, perhaps you could contribute something useful yourself.

Leiden(Posted 2006) [#5]
I think I came accross in the wrong way, this wasnt an attack on JustLuke, and understandably Antony has been hit and miss in the past, but, dont you think everyone deserves a seccond chance, or third, or twentieth. Antony did add some really cool stuff to MiniB3D, and it seemed that He was trying to make ammends for His past actions.

I would contribute something but MiniB3D is far more complex than anything I could develop. I've had my go at a 3D engine and I had a basic foundation, but it wasnt anything compared to this. I'm not really programming inclined anymore, I mean, I like to play around with some cool little fx and demo's -- but developing stuff is too time consuming for me -- especially while doing shiftwork.

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#6]
This is the last that I'm going to say on this subject:

I think that there is a limit to the number of times that people can be reasonably expected to forgive and forget - especially when Antony repeatedly cons people out of their money whenever they place their trust in him. People who don't know his track record deserve to be warned. If being called a troll prevents the guy from getting his hands on another innocent person's cash then by all means call me a troll.

LarsG(Posted 2006) [#7]
didn't he implicitly say that that it was going to be free, and he wasn't going to charge for it..

Warren(Posted 2006) [#8]
He also said he was commited to working on it. He says a lot of things.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#9]
Ah, but does is a different story which various people seem afraid of mentioning.

When the source is open, his various blunders can be picked out and the good parts (of which there are many; he actually knows a lot about making speedy engines if you have read his older worklogs) can be observed to help with other engines.

Anyway, too late now.
(And, actually, he never left. If you look, he still posts; he just decided not to give away a 3d engine since he isn't getting enough return on it).

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#10]
I haven't left I've just decided to work primarly on my C# projects including CodeMonkey.

I'll still work on minib3d if we get an aligntovector function but otherwise there's not much else I wanted to add to it anyway.(As an engine with only per vertex lighting in this day and age doesn't exactly excite me)

Oddball(Posted 2006) [#11]
and it seemed that He was trying to make ammends for His past actions
Bnet, Vivid, Trinity, Aurora, and Mini3DEX. Everytime Ant turns up with something new everyone starts falling about themselves to forgive him. He takes a load of peoples money and then disappears. It looks to me like he's a proffessional con artist and everyone is buying into it. Gain peoples trust, take their money, disappear. Then once everythings died down rinse and repeat. That's how conmen do it and Ant has done it at least four time so far. But it doesn't bother me it's your money and he's welcome to it.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#12]
If I'm not mistaken all the engines ant created were sold as is. They were complete. It's when people started demanding updates everyday and if they didn't get them they threatened for a refund and became hostile.

If you were around for Aurora and saw the Aurora forums, not only were they spammed with update requests, people started posting obscene content.

People got what they paid for. Some people got free upgrades to the new engine and others got refunds. There was no scam and run.

If people really thought that they were being conned they could have easily contacted shareit and asked for a refund. Noone did this.

You can't put MiniB3DEX in this category as this is free for everyone to use and learn from.

Everytime someone posts that they are selling a 3D engine the whole forum blows up. I'm not suprised people dissapear.

My 2p

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#13]
Are you even walking under the same sky as the rest of humanity?

Bnet = Not even mine, but nice try. I have used it and would reccomend it to anyone.

Aurora = Mods banned me from posting about it a few days after release. Forcing to me to decist the project.

Mini3DEX - Completely free.

Trinity - Only ever released as open source software, never once sold for cash.

And just one i can offer no defence for,
Vivid = I (censored)
ed up. Just like you just (censored)ed up.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#14]
Edit your post ant. Don't get yourself banned so that these guys can have a laugh. PLEASE!

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#15]
(Whispers)the mods don'...WHAT WAS THAT? IT'S SKIDRACER!!! RUUUUN!

Amon(Posted 2006) [#16]
Vivid went wrong and as you have said you totally screwed the release up.

Where people get that you've created engine after engine and conned people, I don't know. In fact, when you handed Aurora over to me I got a lot of email from purchasers who didn't want me to make it opensource. I got them after I released Aurora as Aten3D. I told each and every person that emailed me that they should go to shareit and request a refund. None of them did to my knowledge.

I don't understand why people become so hostile.

Oddball(Posted 2006) [#17]
Bnet = Not even mine, but nice try. I have used it and would reccomend it to anyone
Then I apologise to the Bnet author for associating him with you. I was sure you tried selling a Net library some time ago then did a runner. I'm man enough to admit a mistake though.

Aurora = Mods banned me from posting about it a few days after release. Forcing to me to decist the project
That's a pretty poor defense. Many products survive without spamming these forums. And you were reprimanded for advertising the C# version which had nothing to do with BlitzMax.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#18]
I think you're refering to BlitzNet Optica. Ant released it free. It's in the codearcs.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#19]
This is an honest question :
What happened to Maptrix and 360 Game Creator?

BTW @ Amon,
"I consider Antony a friend so I'm not sure how to feel about the situation with Aurora. Support has vanished and the forums are dead. Antony is nowhere to be found and I feel like I've wasted $40" - Amon

Amon(Posted 2006) [#20]
I'm glad you posted that tonyg. I was one of the people, 1 of 20 who after 2 days of Aurora being released, started spamming the Aurora forums for updates.

If you saw the forums you would have seen that we went crazy. We demanded updates every hour and when Antony wouldn't post within 3 minutes of us posting, the forums would fill up with images of tubgirl and goatse.

What would you lot have done with a crowd like that?

[edit] I still have the ip' of the persons who made it there job to deface the forums everyday. I took a screen grab of what was posted and saved it.

Oddball(Posted 2006) [#21]
I think you're refering to BlitzNet Optica
No. The one I'm refering to was just before Vivid. But I'm obviously mistaken so it's a moot point.

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#22]
Give Antony a break! He is a very good programmer and i hope he continue his work with Blitzmax.

Warren(Posted 2006) [#23]
No, he's a smart guy who gives up on projects the instant they become less interesting than when he started. It's impossible to use anything produced under those conditions. You get the icing but no cake.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2006) [#24]
OK, enough Antony bashing. People have said what they think and Antony can decide for himself whether to continue with MiniB3D.