MiniB3D-XE - Need AlignToVector Function.

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/MiniB3D-XE - Need AlignToVector Function.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi! This is a new thread for MiniB3D-XE. Ant has given me this version to do with as i please.

The following links will allow you to download it.

http://www.amonuk.com/minib3d/MiniB3D-XED-V1.2.rar

This following link is a demo for MiniB3D-XE

http://www.amonuk.com/minib3d/Demo1.rar

And some pics :

If anyone can help with the source code or wants to help improve please feel free to do so.

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2006) [#2]
Thank you Anthony, and I hope that someone can fill in the blanks, but unfortunately I can't seem to code myself out of a wet paper bag at the moment. :(

Looking GOOD and wish the project well.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#3]
Okay, we need to solve this AlignToVector thing once and for all!

I can try doing it myself, but I (and probably a few others who are better at this than me) need to know what it does.
Does it rotate the mesh to point a particular axis in a particular direction, or does it rotate the entity?
I can think of a few ugly ways to rotate the entity to match up with its local axis as long as I drop the Rate option (which I feel is a bit unnecessary).

Thanks to Antony for letting this live on... and thanks for doing this even with the memory of that squabble around Aurora, Amon.

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#4]
I've quit being the maintainer but if you guys do get aligntovector working i will add normal mapping just to see how good it looks.

Pickle, it's basically a way to align ONE axis of rotation along a paticular vector.(At least that's how I understand it from it's name and parameters. make may have been on acid and came with a non descriptive name i suppose.)

So i think what is needed is, a pointAT method that points all three axis, but can be limited to just one axis.

like in ogre you can point at but lock the yaw axis for cameras..so it's very similar to that i think.

Really though, i'm surpirsed mark just won't let us have the code. I asked him but got no reply(Shocking!) maybe if someone else asked him nicely he'd give it. it's hardly a trade secret..he'll just be helping out the userbase he's supposed to care about.