OpenB3D + Threaded build ?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/OpenB3D + Threaded build ?

Flanker(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hello, i'm playing with OpenB3D to see if it can handle my project. So far so good but now I need to be able to make calculation in separate threads.

The problem is if I use a threaded build I got an error "can't find interface for module 'Openb3d.B3dglgraphics' ". I tried to import BRL.Threads too.

So is there a way to use threads with OpenB3D ? I searched the forum and it seems that it should work. I don't understand everything about blitzmax libraries and mods yet...

Any suggestion ?

BlitzSupport(Posted 2016) [#2]
I'm guessing you're using it with 'vanilla' BlitzMax, so it sounds like you might need to build the modules in threaded mode if that's the case -- from command line you'd run: bmk makemods -a -h, from memory. (Setting the IDE to Threaded and running Build Modules might do it, can't remember and can't test right now!)

(Not sure what your setup/experience is, but start here for basic MinGW setup if needed.)

Flanker(Posted 2016) [#3]
Rebuilding the modules with "Threaded Build" checked in the IDE worked ! Thanks a lot !

If I remember correctly I installed MinGW 4.7.1 with Brucey's batch file on 'vanilla' blitzmax.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2016) [#4]
Cool, handy to know on both counts, as I need to re-set up MinGW for vanilla use anyway!

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
MinGW 4.8.1 on Vanilla, 5.1 (or higher) for NG