[Solved] Entities Shaking up using CreatePlane

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/[Solved] Entities Shaking up using CreatePlane

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hey guys,

I'm trying to convert a small blitz3d game that I did months ago and when I try to port it and discard some blitz3d stuff, I noticed my scene is shaking a bit. I have delta time and it was working great with b3d, except without the captureworld stuff which OpenB3D lacks.

So I was wondering if this has something to do with it or maybe the collisions (I have to call my updateprojectiles() routine before and after UpdateWorld in order to make it work) and what can I do to make this little tremors stop or what would be the best alternative.

thanks!

markcw(Posted 2016) [#2]
Try rewriting it in B3d without the tweening and then change the port.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
thanks munch. turned off updateworld, ai stuff and even my delta time, it is still shaking up. :/

It looks like lacking rendertween is not causing it, this is quite puzzling. I may have to check with that b3d port just to make sure.

[Edit] Found out that the Plane Entity is causing it. Changed it to a flattened Cube and the tremors are gone. Not sure what's the difference with B3D and OpenB3d that may cause this small issue but that was the last thing that I would have suspected.

markcw(Posted 2016) [#4]
Very strange, createplane is a fake version of the B3d one, it's just a subdivided mesh which I added but it's not in the Openb3d library. Strange that it was the cause of shaking, it could be due to a bug somewhere else rather than createplane itself.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
I'm not sure but it is a complete port and I used an infinite plane on b3d and I don't get the same result. I already turned off almost all game loop components including delta timing.