CEGUI with OpenB3D

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/CEGUI with OpenB3D

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
So how do I make them work with CeGUI on top? It looks like I can't add 2 frameworks and I have to use OpenGL rendering in CeGUI.

markcw(Posted 2016) [#2]
No idea, I've only made Openb3d compatible with Max2d which took quite a bit of work. I'd say it would be maybe more work to replace it with CEgui. I was considering a module to use Odd2d but I've never even considered CEgui. Why do you want to use it?

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Hey munch, nothing in particular. Just trying out all 2D gui framework stuff to get a decent HUD. It seems CEGUI is a bit complicated yeah. If I ever managed to get it to work I'll post some stuff but for now I'm still looking and I'll check out Odd2d next. :)

thanks

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#4]
Tried messing up with CEGUI but it looks like there are duplicate definitions of some image libraries with OpenB3D. I'm putting this on the back burner.

markcw(Posted 2016) [#5]
Yes, I should have realized that.

I'm planning on porting at least one GUI library/framework from B3D to solve this. I'll probably use HighGUI 3, whatever works and is easiest to understand.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#6]
Sounds great! :)

markcw(Posted 2016) [#7]
Had a look at ifsogui which is impressive but the free version doesn't have examples, I have them though. This is like a real gui but the downside is it's quite complex.

Looked at frygui but it was slow and too basic, no moveable windows.

Highgui3 is pretty good, it does moveable windows but the main problem is it won't capture a mouse click only a longer mouse down, I'll see if I can fix that.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#8]
ifsogui looks good. With Highgui3 I think it's broken or maybe that's just the examples.

markcw(Posted 2016) [#9]
HighGui3 needs a bit of work, I found a fix for the mouse button problem, it's just programmed to be sure it's a mousedown but sometimes then it doesn't work when it should, the function at fault was ismousepressed. The other problem is the windows sometimes they get confused and are not sure which is supposed to be in front.

I decided to leave it when I saw that, ifsogui is more stable and capable anyway, all it needs is your own skin. See examples/ifsogui for the tests and you can get ifsogui from here.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#10]
That's great. I found this NUI library as well and don't know where to get started, but it looks lightweight and quite promising.

https://github.com/nilium/NUIToolkit

Have you tried that yet?