Openb3d crashes on Init

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Openb3d crashes on Init

GW(Posted 2016) [#1]
I just downloaded the latest mod from github and built it without errors. However just importing the mod into a bmax program will cause a crash. Obviously this includes all the examples.
What could be causing this?
Is there foreign dependencies missing not listed in the docs?
My pc has no issues with any other type of GL or DX app.
Any help is appreciated, Thanks

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
It's been a couple days since munch's update so I still have a latest copy. I'm not sure but it all works fine here including the examples.

What MinGW version are you using?

My pc has no issues with any other type of GL or DX app.

With openb3d, you're gonna focus more on OpenGL.

markcw(Posted 2016) [#3]
I just double-checked and the current source is ok, examples work fine.

What does the crash error say? What version of Bmx and GCC do you have?

GW(Posted 2016) [#4]
bmax is 1.50, gcc is 4.8.1. (win7,64)
The mod builds without any errors.
There is no error, just an app crash when running, and just having the mod imported causes the crash.
importing 'Openb3d.openb3dlib' will work, but importing any of the other 2 will cause the crash.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]

importing 'Openb3d.openb3dlib' will work, but importing any of the other 2 will cause the crash.

Have you tried "Framework Openb3d.B3dglgraphics" instead just like the examples?

Same here, MingW 4.81 and BMax 1.5

markcw(Posted 2016) [#6]
Ok thanks, no idea what's causing it but gcc 4.8.1 never worked with Bmx 1.50 in my experience, I'm surprised you have no problems elsewhere.

My advice is as I posted here, use tdm 4.6.1 if you're using Bmx 1.50 (because bcc 1.50 was built with 4.6.1 and you don't have to copy the libs) or I recommend getting OS Bmx with tdm 5.1.0 64 bit as it has a few fixes and is Bmx 1.52.

GW(Posted 2016) [#7]
I tried Bmax 1.52 and that seems to resolve the crashing.
Thanks for the help Munch.