Openb3d Wrapper Updated

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Openb3d Wrapper Updated

feeble1(Posted 2014) [#1]
Http://tempsend.com/2D5434804E
The wrapper now works with Maxgui and Max2d. See included examples.
It seems quite a bit faster than minib3d at everything. Still unable to load 3ds and the shadow bug remains.

outsider(Posted 2014) [#2]
broken link

Chapman7(Posted 2014) [#3]
http://tempsend.com/A222170EF0

outsider(Posted 2014) [#4]
Thank you :)

KronosUK(Posted 2014) [#5]
I have an issue with the openb3d wrapper. I have an animated model from dexsoft which uses 2 TGA textures, one for the body and one for the weapon. OpenB3D doesn't seem to like the TGA format as it errors when I try and load the model.
I have tried converting the model through ultimate unwrap3d and changing the textures used to jpgs but it can only save animated models as a single mesh.

When I reload this converted model the gun uses the body texture and looks wrong. As the mesh is now a single one I can't manually load the gun texture and apply to the gun mesh.

Any ideas what I can do here?

feeble1(Posted 2014) [#6]
I can only speculate, but it seems to be an error releasing the first texture that is loaded. So, you can only really have one texture per mesh. I have messed with it a bit but haven't found an effect remedy.
You could make them two different meshes and parent them together or use a fairly complicated UV map.

Sonic(Posted 2014) [#7]
hi there, could you repost the link, if that's ok? currently using MiniB3D for a large project and am running into performance problems...

markcw(Posted 2014) [#8]
Here is another version http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=102556

KronosUK(Posted 2014) [#9]
Regarding my problem above I did a bit more digging and found out more about the problem and a workaround.

There is only 1 mesh for both the body and weapon however the mesh has 2 surfaces using different textures for each.

So its just a matter of finding the surfaces and manually applying the separate textures to each.

markcw(Posted 2014) [#10]
I would also like a copy of this version.