Can Blitz3d documentation be copied?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Can Blitz3d documentation be copied?

angros47(Posted 2013) [#1]
Some people complained that OpenB3D comes with no documentation. Since most features are almost identical to Blitz3D, the quickest solution would be to use it as a starting point, and adding informations about new/changed commands.

Since Blitz3D docs are copyrighted, I'm asking here: can it be used to produce a "derived work"?
Otherwise, all documentation will need to be rewritten, without copying.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#2]
unless BRL gives you explicit permission, it would be copyright infringement to include it.

FWIW: the B3D manual is online at this website as well, at http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/docs.php

While it too would be copyright infringement to copy that, you can of course provide a link to it for reference purposes.

angros47(Posted 2013) [#3]
I know that copying it without permission would be copyright infringement... that's why I am asking for permission. I am not sure who is the rights holder... Mark Silbly, or somebody else?

Yasha(Posted 2013) [#4]
This is exactly the sort of thing you really need to contact them directly about. Remember the "Contact" tab at the top there goes to an email submission form that will be delivered to a live human at BRL, who will be able to give you a straight answer on this (I don't know who actually gets it but they're all friends IRL anyway).