Fonts Question about Listbox in MaxGUI

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Fonts Question about Listbox in MaxGUI

Takis76(Posted 2012) [#1]
I found one problem with listbox gadget in MaxGUI mod.
When I am loading some Greek font or other Language font than English with loadguifont the font not appear with correct codepage in listbox.

Is there some way to load other fonts than english and present correct in listbox gadget?

For example if my game is translated for other languages than English. (German , Spanish , Greek , Italian etc.)

Textbox , Labels and Buttons so far with other font languages than english the characters appears well.

Any suggestion?

After a little research I fount , the listbox gadget support Greek languages and other fonts if I add some item in the listbox from variable or directly.

If I save some text file or load some string from a file my string is not saving correct with my font codepage.

WriteLine()
SaveString()
commands don't save the document correctly only latin characters.

So what do I need to do while saving or wrting some string on my files , this is the problem , I thing.

I tried to create a text file with notepad manually and I used ReadLine() and LoadString() commands and characters not load well again.

Last edited 2012

skidracer(Posted 2012) [#2]
Try using LoadText / SaveText instead of LoadString.

As for font support for ListBoxes, I am surprised this has not been reported before, I will do some testing.

Last edited 2012

Takis76(Posted 2012) [#3]
This doesn't save a stream of data in the file just only one string.
If you try to save something else the old string or text overwrites the file.

As I saw , when I am saving something in a file (Texts in any language than english) they saved with incorrect code page in the saved file.

LoadText and SaveText don't do the stream job I want.

Is there any other external module (Which compiles) , to able to read -write any kind of stream to a file and any kind of data streams as integers , strings , binaries , bytes , words ... or even arrays?

Thank you :)