HTML5 in MaxGUI

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/HTML5 in MaxGUI

Chapman7(Posted 2011) [#1]
Is it possible? I used code from a browser Josh wrote a couple years ago with an html5 video player (video-js) but it fellback to flash. Anyone have any ideas?

ima747(Posted 2011) [#2]
Not sure quite what you're trying to do, but a lot of video players default to flash even if there's HTML5 video support in the browser... a common workaround is to change the browser's User Agent string to match something like an iPad that doesn't support flash so they have no choice but to be HTML5 or fail totally. In your instance I'm guessing that trying something that's pure HTML5 with no fall back would give you your answer... if that works then the video player just prefers flash, if it doesn't then HTML5 doesn't work.

If I recall correctly the HTML support in maxgui is OS based, meaning on Windows it will be using IE and on Mac it will use Safari. On linux I think it will depend on what browser has been targeted and the distro etc. So that could be another factor, as IE doesn't really play will with... anything standards based really, but CSS and JavaScript in particular need lots of tweaks to play nice under most version of IE...