CocoaExt Compiling Problem

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/CocoaExt Compiling Problem

DrDeath(Posted 2011) [#1]
I'm using d-bug's CocoaExt module, but after updating to BlitzMax 1.44b, I've run into a problem: after the update, I tried to rebuild my modules, but I get the following error message:
In file included from /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/chaos.mod/cocoaext.mod/common/cocoaext.main.m:361:
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/chaos.mod/cocoaext.mod/common/cocoaext.window.h: In function 'cocoaextNSBeginWindowQuickLook':
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/chaos.mod/cocoaext.mod/common/cocoaext.window.h:43: error: 'nsgadget' has no member named 'text'
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/chaos.mod/cocoaext.mod/common/cocoaext.main.m

I'm still using MacOS X 10.6.8 with XCode 3.2.6 (the latest I can use). Has CocoaExt at some time stopped working after one update or the other without me noticing it? That would suck, since I'm using several of it's functions in my programs.

DrDeath(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hm... maybe the wrong forum?

d-bug(Posted 2011) [#3]
@DrDeath
I've updated the CocoaExt repository to fix this issue. Some really clever guy renamed nsgadget->text to nsgadget->textarg in one of the latest Cocoa versions of MaxGUI. The result is, that older versions of MaxGUI are no longer supported by CocoaExt.

Since OSX-Lion, there are several issues with the samples of CocoaExt. I've hadn't any chance to test them before they crashed... :) I think CocoaExt needs a complete overhauling or just let it rest in peace. If somebody want's to pimp it or want's to rewrite it... feel free to do so.

DrDeath(Posted 2011) [#4]
Great, thanks. I didn't think of checking the repository.

Since OSX-Lion, there are several issues with the samples of CocoaExt. I've hadn't any chance to test them before they crashed... :) I think CocoaExt needs a complete overhauling or just let it rest in peace.

That would suck big time. I'm using several of CocoaExt's functions for my toolbars, buttons, menus and sheets. Losing that would basically mean I would have to throw large parts of my GUI code (of a 90% finished project) in the trash and start all over again... :(

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011