MaxGUI problems.

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI problems.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#1]
I seem to have problems compiling almost all samples of max gui code.

normally the error is something like trying to access an unkown or null object on the first Tgadget.

I have the latest version of max and the maxgui from the first post. I have managed to get a basic window with a button but since then nothing else is compiling.

thoughts?

jsp(Posted 2011) [#2]
If you got a window working it looks like the MaxGui module is in the correct place (..\BlitzMax\mod\maxgui.mod)
Could you post some code, which is not working?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#3]
Will when I get back to the pc , I did a google search for ma GUI samples and found a ma GUI tutorial of which none of the code examples. Worked

jsp(Posted 2011) [#4]
Those examples maybe just too old.
There have been a few bigger updates in the past which could break the code.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#5]
Could be the age of the code

Blitzer101(Posted 2011) [#6]
Hi,

I have been a way from BlitzMAX for a few years now, but thought I'd dust it off and give it another try. I've done a fresh install BlitzMAX 1.42 and have also installed MaxGUI 1.41.

However, I seem to be experiencing a similar problem to the orignal poster of this thread. When I attempt to build and run my code I getthe following error...

"Compile Error

Identifier 'TGadget' not found"

... and the following line of code is high-lighted in the editor...

Global MainWin:TGadget= CreateWindow(AppTitle,200,150,360,290,Null,windowstyle)

It's been so long since I done any programing that I'm already at a stand still lol, I think something with the editor etc. must have changed a while back that is possibly causing this error but I'm lost as to how it needs to be fixed?

I have tried various versions of MaxGUI, but all result in the same problem. I have noticed that I am unable to Build or ReBuild All modules from the Program file menu, I'm thinking this may be the problem but I don't know what to try next?

Any suggestions please?

Blitzer101(Posted 2011) [#7]
Ah...
Literally a minute or so after posting I stumbled on the line "Import MaxGui.Drivers" I added this to the beginning of my code and the program executed as expected. I would appreciate if someone could point me the right direction as to why this is now needed though?

Thanks in advance. :)

SebHoll(Posted 2011) [#8]
A few years ago, MaxGUI was moved out of the BRL.* module namespace into its own MaxGUI.* namespace. While BlitzMax automatically imports all of the modules in BRL.* (unless the programmer overrides this behaviour using the Framework command), all modules in other namespaces (including MaxGUI.*) have to be imported explicitly:
Import MaxGUI.Drivers
Hope this helps!

Last edited 2011

Blitzer101(Posted 2011) [#9]
Thanks very much for the reply that has cleared that up for me. ;)