Simple Construct (GUI Builder)

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Simple Construct (GUI Builder)

shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello,

Simple Construct is an application that eases the creation of a gui.
You can save your work or export it as .bmx file for use with MaxGUI.

How to use:
* On the left there is the editing window, right the design window (your app will look this way when exported).
* First you create a gadget by double-clicking it in the treeview.
* After that it will appear in the design window (right) and in the bottom treeview which lists all gadgets created.
* For editing a gadget it must be selected in the lower treeview. Then you can set properties or use commands from the Edit menu.

Download is currently MAC only: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2892658/dev/Simple%20Construct%200.9.6.zip
(there is a bug on windows which I can't resolve for the moment, it makes compiling impossible)

Last edited 2011

degac(Posted 2011) [#2]
Sorry but where I can find the source code?

shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#3]
Added download link.
Sorry, I don't know how I could forget this -.-

degac(Posted 2011) [#4]
No problem, thanks!

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#5]
tried this today, it failed to compile. has this been updated ? fixed ? sure would be handy.

shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#6]
Hello,

Which platform did you compile on?
I couldn't get it to work on windows either.

It wasn't updated but it's nearly feature complete for what I intended.
Things missing: tabbers, Hyperlinks, splitpanels, setting some properties (like panel color/image)

Last edited 2011

DrDeath(Posted 2011) [#7]
Well, it does compile on my Mac, but does not work properly: the size sliders for the elements have no effect and when I move one of them regardlessly, the program doesn't do anything anymore. It does not completely freeze, but I can click on whatever I want, nothing happens.

shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#8]
Right now I have very little time, studying for the final exams :D
Maybe I will update it and look into the issues in windows and OSX.

@DrDeath:
In the root directory of the application replace main.bmx with this version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2892658/dev/main.bmx
I've only changed 2 lines, it may work now due to some platform differences on window focus.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#9]
I am windows vista, latest maxgui and latest maxide and the error i got was access violation, in debug it halts in the main.bmx INIT() call and says unable to call or access a null object

or something like that. not at the PC at the moment so cant be more specific.

DrDeath(Posted 2011) [#10]
In the root directory of the application replace main.bmx with this version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2892658/dev/main.bmx
I've only changed 2 lines, it may work now due to some platform differences on window focus.

Yeah, that works now. But I noticed some other problems with the sliders: it seems the actual changes on the control elements lag always behind the values I set with the sliders. As example: I create a button and set the X position slider to 200. The button does not move. I set the slider to 50, the button moves to an X position of 200. I set the slider to something else, the button moves to X of 50, and so on.

shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#11]
Updated and ready for the Mac. Now looks like this:

It's intentional that there is currently no download available as there are some rough edges to be sorted out but generally it works flawless.

A demo is coming soon, stay tuned.

Last edited 2011

shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#12]
Download available for the mac, look at first post.
I'm sorry for not providing a windows and linux version (there are problems with compiling on windows).

Ted Jackson(Posted 2011) [#13]
Thanks for posting.

I've just given it a quick run and it looks promising. I hope you can keep up work on it.

cheers

Ted

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#14]
Look Really nice but it would be nice if there was for window 7 that we download :)

shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#15]
The thing is i am currently really busy with another (commercial) project, but I will look into this as soon as I get access to a windows machine.

For those interested, these are things on my todo list for SC:

Todo:

* Missing Gadgets:
- HTML View
- Tabber
- Progbar

* Export Options
- HookApp: Yes/No?
- As application
- As code
- Maybe XML

* Options (Properties)
- SetGadgetTooltip
- Enable/Disable Gadget
- Hide/Show
- Combo/Listbox: Add/Remove Items
- Local/Global variable

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#16]
I always thought that there was very little if any changes required between compiling for mac or windows, is there a lot of code that would need redone or tweaked?

shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#17]
The thing is that even earlier versions (back then I programmed on linux) wouldn't compile on windows because of a compiling error. It says something like 'trying to access null object'. As said, as soon I get access to a windows machine I will try to upload a windows version.