Nweb question - compiling with MaxGUI

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Nweb question - compiling with MaxGUI

blackwater(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello, I'm trying to follow the MaxGUI tutorials over in the beginners area. With this simple piece of code in Blide I get a memory exception error. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Import maxgui.Drivers

MyFirstWindow:TGadget=CreateWindow("My Window Title is Hello World", 200,200,320,240)

Repeat
WaitEvent()
Until EventID()=EVENT_WINDOWCLOSE

End

blackwater(Posted 2010) [#2]
A little more of an update, when I remove the import line I get a Tgadget can't be found, when I add the import line I get the memory exception. I added the maxgui folder to the mods folder and rebuilt the documentation.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong here? I seem to be the only one having this issue.

Hezkore(Posted 2010) [#3]
That code runs just fine on my end, make sure you're using the latest MaxGUI version and you might want to try and compile the mod yourself.
And yes, removing the import line will cause that error as TGadget is part of the MaxGUI mod.

blackwater(Posted 2010) [#4]
I am using 1.42_beta 2 is that the latest version?

And how do I compile the mod itself?

I tried this on 2 different laptops, one on windows 7 and one on windows XP and I get the same error so it must be something I'm doing or not doing with the mod.

skidracer(Posted 2010) [#5]
Are you using latest version of BlitzMax?

Do you get same error when using MaxIDE?

Is your folder structure like this:

Blitzmax
  mod
    maxgui.mod
      drivers.mod
      maxgui.mod

blackwater(Posted 2010) [#6]
Hello, I am using version 1.30, just purchased it a few days ago.

And yes, in MaxIDE I get memory exception error

And yes that the directory structure is

blackwater(Posted 2010) [#7]
I downloaded Logic GUI which is a visual IDE made for MaxGui and I compiled a test program with any additions of my own and I get an memory error exception!!

Arggg this is so frustrating.

skidracer(Posted 2010) [#8]
What version of Windows? Also what language, English?

Do you have any windows extensions installed such as Blinds or strange desktop enhancements of any kind?

GfK(Posted 2010) [#9]
Using LogicGUI won't make any difference as it will use your installation of Blitzmax to compile, so whatever problem you have in one, you will have in the other.

Hezkore(Posted 2010) [#10]
"I am using version 1.30"
1.30 is not the newest BlitzMax version, 1.41 is.

skidracer(Posted 2010) [#11]
Yes that will be it, update your BlitzMax by visiting the Account section of this site.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#12]
Would somebody in charge please consider making it so new purchasers of the product get the latest version of the product at the time of purchase?

blackwater(Posted 2010) [#13]
Yes that was it guys! The download link in the email was version 1.30 and I assumed (yes... assumed) that was the latest version.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#14]
I assumed (yes... assumed) that was the latest version.
That is usually the rule of thumb for software purchases, but for BlitzMax it isn't the case.