MaxGUI only working in debug mode

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI only working in debug mode

Pierrou(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi Blitzmax users,

I have a lot of questions these days, and if I had been able to find satisfying answers by myself and/or by searching the forum, I guess I wouldn't bother you with them. :)

I installed MaxGUI a few weeks ago on my Win7 PC. I haven't really tried it a lot so far but it seems to work fine without having to do anything special (and it seems to be great).

I just installed it on my new SnowLeopard iMac, by copying the folder into the mod folder as usual and building the modules. And it works right, but only in debug mode. In release mode while trying to compile some example code I get this : "Can't find interface for module Maxgui.drivers pointing the line "import maxgui.drivers".

Other modules such as the wx.mod work fine whatever the mode on my Mac.

Thanks in advance,

skidracer(Posted 2010) [#2]
Have you tried a Rebuild All modules? It sounds like perhaps the process was interrupted the previous time.

Pierrou(Posted 2010) [#3]
I tried several times, sometimes in debug mode, sometimes in release mode, with no effect :(

skidracer(Posted 2010) [#4]
Where are you copying the maxgui.mod folder from, your Windows machine or from the downloaded zip file?

Which version of maxgui, from this site or from sourceforge?

Have you checked you do not have 2 blitzmax folders on your Mac or if you do that you are running MaxIDE from the install you think you are?

Pierrou(Posted 2010) [#5]
1/ from the original zip downloaded on the Mac
2/ the last one from sourceforge
3/ only one and at some point I reinstalled Blizmax in the Applications folder just to be sure I did it right. As I said the wxMax module I put in the same /mod folder is working OK.

:(

thanks for the checklist

ima747(Posted 2010) [#6]
are you sure the mod folder structure is right for maxgui? Should be
Applications/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/(actual mod folders here such as drivers.mod and maxgui.mod and localization.mod etc.)

There are 2 maxgui.mod folders, one inside the other (and next to all the associated elements)

Pierrou(Posted 2010) [#7]
I'll check that when I'm at home but I don't think there is trouble with the folder structure. And, again, it strangely works in -debug mode...

Maybe there is a simple alternative method using bmk or something to try to rebuild the modules in another way? I must confess I have no idea how to use bmk if that's the case. Anyway, if something else can work, I won't try too hard to understand why plan A went wrong. Thank you for the aswers!

Pierrou(Posted 2010) [#8]
Trying to recompile once again..... It works! Let's not try to understand, just enjoy :)