Tool Window in Taskbar

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Tool Window in Taskbar

xmlspy(Posted 2010) [#1]
Anyone know how to make a tool window show up in the taskbar? I would like to be able to have it show up in the taskbar so I can minimize it and then open it again.

I don't like having the normal window since it has a maximize window button that I don't need. I'm using WINDOW_RESIZABLE + WINDOW_TOOL + WINDOW_TITLEBAR flags. I love the minimalistic style. ;)

ima747(Posted 2010) [#2]
I don't think you can since tool windows will become invisible if their application goes into the background on most (all?) os's...

it might be possible to change a window from a tool window to a normal window with some hackery. You could then hit your minimize trigger, cover the window to normal, and minimize, when it's then maximized you convert back to a tool window... or create a placeholder window that does the same which is probably how I'd do it. Hit minimize, create window with same title and minimize, hide tool window. When the placeholder is maximized you can free it (or hide it to conserve resources) and re-show the tool window. You won't get the min/max animation that way but you'll get the utility along with cross platform and no need to modify anything major...

jsp(Posted 2010) [#3]

I don't like having the normal window since it has a maximize window button that I don't need.

You can disable that button. Here is what Seb wrote:

If you want a minimizable non-resizable window, use the WINDOW_RESIZABLE style constant and pass SetWindowMinSize() and SetWindowMaxSize() the same values - effectively locking the window to its current size. MaxGUI should notice this and the maximize button should disappear, leaving just the minimize button operational.