..How to return gadget r,g,b color value..

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/..How to return gadget r,g,b color value..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#1]
..as topic said..how to return color set for specific gadget ??

degac(Posted 2010) [#2]
try LookupGuiColor(), it should return the rgb color (foreground, background and so on)

Wiebo(Posted 2010) [#3]
Yes, but not for specific gadgets. I haven't found a way to retrieve, for instance, canvas gadget color. I also have not been able to find from the source files where the gadget color values are stored. I ended up putting that information in extra r,g,b fields in the type containing the gadget, as here with this color selector gadget:

ima747(Posted 2010) [#4]
To the best of my knowledge that information is not stored anywhere you can get to so your approach to keep a copy for yourself somewhere is the best options.

degac(Posted 2010) [#5]
Or - as MaxGUI is opensource - change the source code and add the proper fields and methods to get back the colours...

markcw(Posted 2010) [#6]
That would be a good idea but I think only Seb can make official changes.

degac(Posted 2010) [#7]

That would be a good idea but I think only Seb can make official changes.

...in the meantime I posted on the SourceForge forum about MaxGUI this idea and some others... maybe!

Wiebo(Posted 2010) [#8]
Good idea. I asked for some extra events and inclusion of the property grid gadget I posted a screenshot of.

markcw(Posted 2010) [#9]
Great.

I must mention to Wiebo that I checked out wdw.mod and found a few errors.
- TpropertyItemPath.bmx needs an uppercase P
- grid.mod/test/gridTest.bmx line 57 "g.Move(10, 15)" too many function parameters

Also, is there any chance of releasing the source for GUIde? I would be interested in porting it to Bmx so we can have a native form designer for Linux/Mac.

Wiebo(Posted 2010) [#10]
I should offer some stable release downloads soon. I am developing a particle editor right now, and stuff gets changed and broken on occasion.

I thought I fixed the uppercase problem when compiling on linux. It looks like it isn't recognised when I commit the file, as I can see it is uppercase here on my windows machine. I'll check it out.
I'll look into the grid error later on as well. [edit: fixed it]

I have already released the source code to GUIde, but it got lost in the change from SVN to Mercural on my google page. I'll look into finding it in my archives and re-uploading it.

markcw(Posted 2010) [#11]
Cool, thanks Wiebo.