Logic Gui Professional Version 5.2 released

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Logic Gui Professional Version 5.2 released

jsp(Posted 2010) [#1]
Logic Gui Professional Version 5.2 build 432 has been released!

Those who don't know Logic Gui yet, it's an easy to use, feature rich visual Gui Designer and source code creator for MaxGui.

Major improvements:
Version 5.2 brings the ability to create independent types from panels and it's gadgets on top. This allows you to create your own set of closed types, ready to use in any new project or reuse of one type again and again in your application.
This extends the feature from Version 5.0 which introduced type creation for your form and adds much more flexibility inside the form itself.

Another great improvement was made to the SmartButton Editor and Logic Gui which allows much easier exchange of SmartButtons outside of Logic Gui forms and also better project handling.

New session backups helps you to get back with whatever you started and gives more safety. While the undo is unlimited during a session you are now able to go back even further. You can go back, up to three Logic Gui sessions.

And more...

A lot of work has gone also into a completely new LogicZone website!

The new site is based on Joomla and offers more flexibility and looks hopefully more professional than before. Also the forum is now more integrated. If you miss something, please let me know.

Registered user can find their login now under Support/Customer Login

Key features and key benefits are available from the main page.
Interested users can download demo versions or tutorials in the download section.
The user manual is updated for version 5.2!

Please checkout:
Logic Gui Professional

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#2]
What can I say. Well done. Like the new website too.

- The shortest road to success - made me laugh. :)

Bremer(Posted 2010) [#3]
This is a great tool and really puts you on the fast track for getting maxgui layouts done. Much improved website you got now.

Winni(Posted 2010) [#4]
I also liked "the shortest road to success". Great picture.

BUT: No Mac OS X version = no sale. Sorry.

jsp(Posted 2010) [#5]
Thank you for the kind words.
I thought an application site is always a bit boring, so I tried to put here and there some nice pictures.

@Winni
I fully understand, no problem. It came just from the fact that I code for Windows and when I needed a GUI Designer there was nothing available and thus I created one. But having said that working with the Mac has increased over time and I might create one version one day.
Although a native Mac version is not available, I have tested Logic Gui running on VMware Fusion version 2 and 3. Last test was on 3.1.0 on Snow Leopard 64 bit machine. And as the Logic Gui output is cross platform it is not that bad. It’s not the same I know for sure, but helps maybe just in case.

byo(Posted 2010) [#6]
Hi, jsp.

Great to see LogicGUI evolving like this.

Has my license expired or something? I couldn't find a download link this time.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Andre

jsp(Posted 2010) [#7]
@byo
Just checked your account and yes receiving updates has expired since end of February. Actually it would be nice if all users could check this on the new website themselves but I am not yet there.
If still interested please checkout the possibilities on the website under Support/Updates and recheck your mails you should have received a release mail with a coupon attached. If not send me a mail.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2010) [#8]
Removed post - I forgot about the Toolbarheight option ;)

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#9]
Website looks great jsp. You did a good job on that. On suggestion though is to place the upgrade options on the purchase page. It's kind of hard to find them. New features of Logic Gui sound promising. The ability to create a set of closed types sounds promising.

But I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon. Haven't used BlitzMax, MaxGUI and Logic Gui a lot lately. But will probably upgrade by the time I want to work with it again.

Anyone that has MaxGUI and doesn't use Logic Gui should get it a.s.a.p. With the ability to have a form inside its own type and the ease of use of the tool makes it using MaxGUI fun. God do I hate designing these interfaces by typing, compiling and trial & error testing.

jsp(Posted 2010) [#10]
Website looks great jsp. You did a good job on that. On suggestion though is to place the upgrade options on the purchase page

Thanks and good point, will set a link or move it there.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#11]
..this is good..im going to buy it over weekend..nice work..

MikeHart(Posted 2010) [#12]
No OSX version, no go. But it looks nice, that's true.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#13]
..hey jsp, i have just purchased Logic Gui.. ;) hope to get it sooooon :)

jsp(Posted 2010) [#14]
Thanks and welcome on board!
Enjoy the freedom of your gadgets :)