MaxGUI 1.39 Released

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI 1.39 Released

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#1]
A note to say that MaxGUI 1.39 is now available from the 'Product Updates' page which contains a new LookupGuiColor() command, along with other minor fixes.

Make sure you rebuild docs after installing the module so that the new command is recognized as a keyword.

Colour constants supported are:

> GUICOLOR_WINDOWBG Window/panel background color.
> GUICOLOR_GADGETBG Gadget background color (e.g. textfield).
> GUICOLOR_GADGETFG Gadget text color.
> GUICOLOR_SELECTIONBG Text selection background color.
> GUICOLOR_LINKFG Hyperlink text color.

Happy MaxGUI'ing!

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#2]
Thank you!

Chalky(Posted 2010) [#3]
Wow - that was quick - thanks!

jsp(Posted 2010) [#4]
Nice!

ima747(Posted 2010) [#5]
Huza! thanks seb!

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#6]
I think we actually made history. Isn't this the first time MaxGUI has surpassed Max with the version number?

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#7]
Does it matter?

Thanks for the release SebHoll!

Ked(Posted 2010) [#8]
Awesome!

MikeHart(Posted 2010) [#9]
On OSX since 1.37 MaxGui gives linkage errors when you build a program:

Building glcube
Compiling:glcube.bmx
Linking:glcube
Undefined symbols:
"_NSStringFromBBString", referenced from:
_NSLoadFont in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSSetStatus in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSRun in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSSetText in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSSetTooltip in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSAddItem in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSAddItem in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSSetItem in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSSetItem in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSInitGadget in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSAddText in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSReplaceText in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
"_bbStringFromNSString", referenced from:
-[WindowView performDragOperation:] in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
-[ToolView performDragOperation:] in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSFontName in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSRun in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSGetText in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSGetTooltip in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
_NSAreaText in cocoamaxgui.release.macos.x86.a(cocoa.macos.m.release.macos.x86.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /Users/mikehart/Desktop/BMax/BlitzMax 138/samples/maxgui/glcube.app/Contents/MacOS/glcube
Process complete

ima747(Posted 2010) [#10]
Have you rebuilt your modules after installing?

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#11]
On OSX since 1.37 MaxGui gives linkage errors when you build a program:

MaxGUI 1.38 and higher requires BlitzMax 1.38 or higher. Are you sure you are using BlitzMax 1.38 (Help --> About from MaxIDE)?

MikeHart(Posted 2010) [#12]
I did build modules which it did. The help says 1.36 which I think is the IDE version, or?
I am 100% sure that my BMax is 1.38 but I will check that again.

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#13]
The help says 1.36 which I think is the IDE version, or?

MaxIDE's new about screen should look like this. If it doesn't you probably aren't using the latest version of BlitzMax.

Ked(Posted 2010) [#14]
Off-topic, but I am a huge fan of the About MaxIDE dialog. Very useful.

MikeHart(Posted 2010) [#15]
Hi folks,

you guys were right, I didn't had the latest release of BMax installed. Sorry for causing confusion.

Ryan Burnside(Posted 2010) [#16]
There seems to be a bug in win32maxguiex.
The code for TWindowTabber.SetListItem() is missing the four lines:
		If icon>=0
			t.mask:|TCIF_IMAGE
			t.iImage=icon
		EndIf

And so it doesn't change icons when modifygadgetitem() is called. Adding the if statement and rebuilding modules seems to make it work properly.

EDIT: Oh, drat, I guess this should be in MaxGUI bug reports. Wups.

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#17]
There seems to be a bug in win32maxguiex.
The code for TWindowTabber.SetListItem() is missing the four lines:

Eeeekk!!! Actually the InsertListItem() line looks a bit dodgy too. I don't think that will work if you want to remove the icon.

Anyhoo, I've updated the MaxGUI package to v1.39d which should contain this fix and the fix for FLTKMaxGUI so that is displays label backgrounds if a colour is set (available from the 'Product Updates' page).

Thanks for posting!

sebas76(Posted 2010) [#18]
Hello,

I'd like to know when the problem with Loadimage/drawimage and MaxGui will be resolved , my project is stucked by that bug.
Please refer to Loadimage problem thread in Bmax programming.

Thanks

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#19]
I've posted a note in the original thread.

skn3(Posted 2010) [#20]
Sebholl did my fixes for macos events get added?

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#21]
Sebholl did my fixes for macos events get added?

Do you mean this one here?

If so, many thanks for posting it. :-) It's on my TODO list but unfortunately I won't be able to get a chance to test and add it to the codebase for a good few weeks (at least a month) - am crazy busy with work at the moment.

The reason I didn't include it in MaxGUI 1.39 is because the mouse event stuff is quite a fragile section of code (as you probs saw :P), and I didn't want to blindly merge it in without doing a bit of testing myself beforehand (particularly with splitter and hyperlink proxy gadgets which are notorious for breaking with mouse event changes).

skn3(Posted 2010) [#22]
Ah no worries :) I will keep using my "modified version" until its official and probably splice in the systemcolor stuff you have added :)

I know what its like with the busy thing!