windows HideGadget(window)

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/windows HideGadget(window)

ima747(Posted 2010) [#1]
MaxGUI 1.38 on windows (vista x64 if it matters). I have 1 window gadget in my app and when the user clicks a button it should hide the window gadget and start full screen graphics and then branch to another function to handle game logic input etc etc. while in full screen. When that function returns it ends graphics and show the window again. Since I updated to 1.38 I just noticed that if you alt+tab out of full screen the window is still visible on the task bar even though it's hidden, there's also the window for the fullscreen view which should be there... I believe when I hid the window previously (don't recall what version I was using, probably 1.32) the window would disappear from the task bar until it was shown again.

Wondering if this is a result of how I'm branching to full screen in this new version, or a bug in 1.38, or something else...

matibee(Posted 2010) [#2]
Try freegadget to kill the window altogether. Works ok for me.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#3]
I can't free it, as when the full screen loop returns it returns back into the event loop for the window...

jsp(Posted 2010) [#4]
Just checked this (XP), but for me the window is also removed from the taskbar, could may related to vista though or how you do it.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#5]
I suspect it has to do with the way I branch to the full screen from within the event of the window. Odd that it didn't used to happen is all. But I have noticed that the full screen view's task bar entry uses my application icon now where as before it used a generic file icon for some reason, so it's quite possible a difference in blitzmax rather than maxgui specifically...