Install 1.38 + maxGUI Mac PPC

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Install 1.38 + maxGUI Mac PPC

ima747(Posted 2010) [#1]
Doing a fresh install of blitzmax on my older PPC mac.

Downloaded and expanded 1.38 - rebuid documentation - rebuild modules - all ok

download and expand maxgui 1.38 source - move to modules folder - rebuild modules - I get an error for cocoamaxgui.mod/cocoa.macos.m
line 15
#include <pub.mod/macos.mod/macos.h>

file could not be found. poked around and changed macos.h to macos.c (since it exists) and rebuild modules works fine... I assume this is a typo but I'm afraid I may be missing a header file and bad things could result...

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#2]
You should have a macos.h. I presume that the macos.mod for PPC is incomplete?

ima747(Posted 2010) [#3]
I suppose... this is a fresh install, just downloaded the files... haven't tried maxgui 1.38 on my intel mac yet but I would assume it would have the same problem since 1.38 is just source... going to try 1.36 PPC to see if it works...

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#4]
macos.mod on x86 is fine - since that's the one I use for both x86 and ppc builds (universal), and have several modules using the new functionality in that module.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#5]
maxgui 1.36 PPC compiles and runs fine, just seem to be missing that header file that 1.38 looks for (1.36 doesn't)... going to update to 1.38 on x86 mac and see what happens.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#6]
mac x86 is fine with bmax 1.38 and maxgui 1.38 (no missing header, everything compiles fine) so it would appear the 1.38 bmax for PPC is missing pub.mod/macos.mod/macos.h

I copied the x86 one over in the hope that they're supposed to be the same, and it built modules but it wouldn't build a program with maxgui. rebuilding all modules now to be sure.

John G(Posted 2010) [#7]
I am having the same PPC Mac problem -- missing <pub.mod/macos.mod/macos.h>.
Tried borrowing x86 file to no avail. Any easy fixes?

iMac G5, OSX 10.5.8. Currently using:
BlitzMax 1.3.8
MaxIDE 1.3.7 (love those colored parentheses)
MaxGUI 1.3.6 (1.3.8 doesn't work here)
Thanks, John G

skidracer(Posted 2010) [#8]
Try commenting out the offending #include, you may get some warnings but it will build I think.

or here is a copy of the macos.h file:

#ifndef PUB_MACOS_MACOS_H
#define PUB_MACOS_MACOS_H

#include <brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz.h>
#include <AppKit/AppKit.h>

#include <errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/sysctl.h>

int is_pid_native( pid_t pid );

BBString *bbStringFromNSString( NSString *s );

NSString *NSStringFromBBString( BBString *s );

#endif

BlackSp1der(Posted 2010) [#9]
I got this error after adding the macos.h file:

Building glcube
Compiling:glcube.bmx
Linking:glcube
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_NSStringFromBBString
_bbStringFromNSString
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#10]
Recompile the modules?

BlackSp1der(Posted 2010) [#11]
obviously I did that after adding the macos.h file.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#12]
I haven't found a working solution yet, so I went back to 1.36 on my PPC. Redirecting the include to point to the C file instead of the H lets it compile but it won't properly build applications (atleast not mine). Copying the .h from an x86 install doesn't work. Commenting it out entirely doesn't work either if I recall correctly, but not 100% on that as it was a week ago I was actively working on this.

Not a huge issue for me, 1.36 seems to work fine for my app and my PPC build was just to see how it would run on older hardware more than a real target platform for me.

I think the PPC 1.38 distribution needs to get fixed...

John G(Posted 2010) [#13]
Thanks skidracer. Couldn't get anything to work here. MaxGUI 1.36 working fine for now.