I want dockable windows

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/I want dockable windows

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#1]
I want dockable windows for a pretty advanced interface.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#2]
Looking forward to see your implementation :-)

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#3]
Here you go:

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#4]

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#5]
But seriously though

Wouldn't you just have to do some poly checks using the window boundaries as poly coordinates. Then just look for collisions against windows marked as dockable?

Ked(Posted 2010) [#6]
Wouldn't you just have to do some poly checks using the window boundaries as poly coordinates. Then just look for collisions against windows marked as dockable?

???????????

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#7]
Sorry.. my GUI allows for rotation so everything is polygons to me LOL

You could just check right/left proximities of the window edge or other windows while they are dragging. Then specifically move it once the mouse is let go... you could even draw a ghost rectangle where it will go when the mouse is let go to key the user that it will happen.

degac(Posted 2010) [#8]
Maybe it easier to do with 'panels' than with windows (as these should be controlled by the OS).
In any case you should retrieve the positions/size of any other windows present in the desktop (not only that one created by BM/MaxGUI) so things starts to be wild (in my opinion).

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#9]
Use wxMax, it has that capability built right in...

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#10]
I think wxMax is abandoned:
http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=89279

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#11]
I think wxMax is abandoned

As far as I am aware, that statement is incorrect.

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#12]
My mistake.

Ked(Posted 2010) [#13]
Sorry.. my GUI allows for rotation so everything is polygons to me LOL

You could just check right/left proximities of the window edge or other windows while they are dragging. Then specifically move it once the mouse is let go... you could even draw a ghost rectangle where it will go when the mouse is let go to key the user that it will happen.

??????????????????????

I think this is about MaxGUI...

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#14]
You thought correctly.